1961 Lonestar Flamingo - SPLASHED w/Pics

kfa4303

Banned
Re: 1961 Lonestar "Flamingo" - I finally Started w/pics

Sounds like you'll be building your first live aboard, aluminum, runabout, house boat. Do it anyway. It's red and will go fast, she'll love it in no time.........probably :)

BTW....do y'all really need to have a title for the trailer and motor in OK? All we're required to have is the title to the vessel her in FL (I hope cause that's all I got. LOL!!! )

GT1000000

Rear Admiral

All we're required to have is the title to the vessel her in FL (I hope cause that's all I got. LOL!!! )

I am not sure if DOT does things differently county to county in Fl., but in Dade county...

When you go to the tag agency, you will be required to have a weight ticket for your trailer...if it is less than 2000 pounds, they will issue you a tag and title as a homebuilt...if it is over 2000 pounds I don't know???

And that is the weight of the empty trailer...if your boat and engine are on the trailer and together they weigh less than 2000 pounds, you are good to go...if not, try and leave the boat in the water somewhere, unless of course you are restoring it and it is sitting on a cradle... while you get the trailer weighed at your neighborhood scale house...usually some kind of Moving Company like Allied or Mayflower will have truck scales and will give you a weight ticket for a fee...

The gubmint has to pay for all those trips to Hawaii somehow...

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner

In okie land you only need titles for boat and motor NOT for trailer. But in Texas ya gotta have it ALL!!!! So I really don't care if he has a trailer title but I NEED the motor title. Hope he can find it, or apply for a lost one. If not, NO DEAL!!!

rrumba

Ensign

huh, a title for the motor??? is that just for OB or for I/O and Inboards? seems odd, but i guess if you want to try and keep theft down that would help but only if all states did the same thing otherwise you travel over to the bordering state and sell it.

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner

Outboards and yeah yer rite. Kansas does not require it so if you buy an outboard in KS with a BOS and then bring it to Okie land you are up the creek. I just told a little white lie and told them I found it in my dead uncles barn and it had never been registered. They did a search and nothing came up so they titled it. It was a 1956 15hp Evinrude. Cost me $7.00 bucks for the title and registration.

JDA1975

Lieutenant

they really need to make things more uniform state to state,,,Arkansas only requires trailer titles, they do not issue boat or motor titles, all that is needed is a bill of sale for the vessel. although titling a trailer without one is simple enough tell them it is home-made and they dont even look at it, just issue you a vin number tell you to stamp it and it is titled. kinda scary because it makes trailer theft an easy thing

rrumba

Ensign

yep, both of those are nice looking....... can't get away with another barn find?

rrumba

Ensign

Uh Ohh. I got an e-mail last night from Jeanne and Phil in Texas about the Tin Can! Seems the just never got around to returning my call but they DID finally respond to my multiple e-mails. It appears they have the titles for the Boat and Trailer but not sure about the Motor. Phil is going to look into that using the current registration #'s and get back to me. IF it all pans out, I will be making the 21/2 hour trip to take a look. Does anyone have a spare room I can sleep in until my wife kools down. If I bring a boat home now, I KNOW I will be kicked out of the house for a while. Maybe, I can fire up Mr. Heater and sleep in my shop. I hear we might have a snow storm coming this weekend though.

1964StarcraftJupiter.jpg

ok the Suspense is killing me WOG............. any news, any, something?????

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner

Owner has not gotten back to me about the status on the title for the motor. I'm gunna ping him on that today. I DID get contacted by Brian about BF2. Said he would take $300 for her. I told him to call me when his dad had it hitched to his truck and was getting ready to haul her to the dump. He said He would NEVER sell her for $100 bucks. I told him NEVER was a looooooonnnngggg time.

jbcurt00

Staff member

I told him to call me when his dad had it hitched to his truck and was getting ready to haul her to the dump. He said He would NEVER sell her for $100 bucks. I told him NEVER was a looooooonnnngggg time.

For such a nice guy, you're kind of a big meanie!:facepalm: He was cutting you the mulitple Lonestar owner discount, he renewed the listing at $500.....

Sit & wait, I can hang w/ that philosophy.

I know, this breaks the cardinal rule of: No way in HE!! w/out a motor! But I do like the hardtops:
1960-project-boat_1amrf.jpg
Details available, but no motor....

Just wish I could find a good to go H/T for mine in a barn somewhere for $25.:eek: Dreamin' I know....

andgott

Master Chief Petty Officer

The whole Title thing can be a royal pain- Especially when dealing with different states! Here in TN, there are NO titles issued for boats, Motors, OR trailers. Boats use a bill of sale, and registrations. Trailers are just bill of sale- No plates unless it is commercial. Motors don't really need anything, there are no requirements to register them.

It can be a problem sometimes when you sell something out of state- Because there is no title involved. But, there is a way around everything, if you are creative. MOST states will accept a valid Tennessee registration with a bill of sale. Some require the B.O.S. to be notarized, others don't... Sometimes, you just have to come back the next day and go to a different clerk, too- I've seen that happen more than once.

I know that some states are VERY tough to get anything done in if you don't have the proper paperwork- Lost titles in some states spell the end of the boats life, especially if it's a cheap project in bad shape, since it can cost $100's of dollars to try to get a new title. It's a shame- I've seen some nice boats sent to the dump for that reason!

-Andrew

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner

Tomorrow is my 9-80 Friday Off and Forecast is upper 50's and calm winds. WOOOOOO HOOOOOOO! I will be grindin and glassin the pedestals into the deck. Might even get some paintin done. Rain tomorrow night so we'll see. Will try and post some pics. Hope everyone has a productive weekend.

Decker83

Commander

WOG
Hope you have a good weekend. The weather here is crazy. 75* on Wed. and 50* today.
Never can tell about the weather here, you just have to wait about 30 minites and see what comes.
Keep up the great work.

jbcurt00

Staff member

good to hear BF#1 us going to get some attention.

have a good Fri working on the rig!

lakelover

Rear Admiral

Good luck, Wood. Slow and steady wins the race. At least that's what "they" used to tell us.

evolution1985

Petty Officer 1st Class

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner

Well I got a little done today. Got the old base strips cut out and the floor ground down in preparation for the Pyramid Base mounting. I also got a coat of epoxy on the bases and the Rear Seat base. Second coat will go on tomorrow but It is supposed to rain tonight so we'll see. Here's a vid and a pic of the grinding.
The itch has started even with a Full Hooded Tyvek. I realized I forgot to use Baby Powder before I suited up. Note to Self: DON'T FORGET THE BABY POWDER NEXT TIME!!!!! I REALLY hate this itching!!!!!!!!
Photo0414.jpg

andgott

Master Chief Petty Officer

Looks like some good progress there!! C'mon, now- Baby powder is for BABIES- Man up, and start itchin' :)

sphelps

Supreme Mariner

It only itches when you think about it!! :) Tryen not to think is the hard part!:rolleyes: