1961 Lonestar Flamingo - SPLASHED w/Pics

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner
Re: 1962 Lonestar "Flamingo" - I finally Started w/pics

Hottern' CRAP here today, but I managed to work on "Blue Flamingo" for a couple of hours this morning. I Polished the windshield for a while and she's coming back to life pretty good. This is a shot thru the windshield corner that I was working on by hand. Whatcha think...

PolishedWindshield.jpg

I also picked this up at Wally World for $2.50 and all I can say is WOW!!! It polishes tarnished aluminum with GENTLE rubbing with a soft rag and then wipe off the BLACK residue and buff to shine. This stuff really works GREAT!!!

MetalPolish.jpg

I re-Painted my Wheel at my Son's suggestion. It is now antique white. More like the original color of the original wheel. I think he was RIGHT. I REALLY like it.

NewSteeringWheel.jpg

Worked on the Steering and got all the pulleys remounted and the cable routed to the transom. Need to mount the motor to finish it up and get the tension set. The Boat Part GREMLINS have attacked and I cannot for the LIFE of me find the Transom Springs. I ordered a Pair today. Need to finish buffing the windshield and get it mounted but gunna wait till tonight when it kools down to 100?:rolleyes: I also need to work on getting the Throttle and Electric Shifter mounted and routed back to the transom.

produceguy

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Lookin awsome wood.
Can't tell that shot is thru the windshield, steering wheel still looks good, looks good both ways.
I hear ya on the temps. I want to get some work done outside but it's to darn hot or I'm just gettin to old.

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

That shield is cleaning up amazingly well. I'm you know what a gem that is.

ingalp01

Petty Officer 1st Class

That windshield is looking great... I like the wheel too... You're going to have quite a nice classic when you get her all finished...

archbuilder

Vice Admiral

Cool! Wood, that is looking great! Can't wait to see her first hand!

TruckDrivingFool

Lieutenant Commander

Really looking like a boat now. :D The polishing is working great I'd say your doing just as good a job. I do have to say I'm a little disappointed about the steering wheel but I'll get over it.

parrisw

Ensign

I like it wood. I wish my windshield looked like that.

tonk62

Petty Officer 3rd Class

looking great Wood, the windshield is clearer than the one on my Harley! Did you check into that boat with the twin 35's?

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner

Really looking like a boat now. :D The polishing is working great I'd say your doing just as good a job. I do have to say I'm a little disappointed about the steering wheel but I'll get over it.

Yeah, I was too, at first but I really like it now.

I like it wood. I wish my windshield looked like that.

I don't like the PITA hand polishing that it's taking to get it there but I DO like the results.

looking great Wood, the windshield is clearer than the one on my Harley! Did you check into that boat with the twin 35's?

I called about the boat to see if there was any wiggle room in the price and the guys said no so I am gunna pass. It is Kool but not THAT kool!!!!!

lakelover

Rear Admiral

Wow, great progress since I left town! You're lucky to have such a handsome & skilled work crew. Those little guys can sure teach you a lot. Nice touch on the steering wheel, the new color looks "just right" to me.

Maybe I missed it, but what are you using to polish the windshield?

I'll be back at it in the next couple days if the rain will let me, I'll be trying out the drain tube flaring tool you gave me directions for. Don't know how much I'll get done this week, gotta go back to the lake next weekend, dang it!:D

It's all looking fantastic, you can sure stand proud on everything you've done so far, it's a real classic! Nice work!

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner

Wow, great progress since I left town! You're lucky to have such a handsome & skilled work crew. Those little guys can sure teach you a lot. Nice touch on the steering wheel, the new color looks "just right" to me.

Maybe I missed it, but what are you using to polish the windshield?

I'll be back at it in the next couple days if the rain will let me, I'll be trying out the drain tube flaring tool you gave me directions for. Don't know how much I'll get done this week, gotta go back to the lake next weekend, dang it!:D

It's all looking fantastic, you can sure stand proud on everything you've done so far, it's a real classic! Nice work!

I posted this a couple of days ago. It really works GREAT!!!!!

http://forums.iboats.com/showthread.php?t=503640&p=3392195#post3392195

lakelover

Rear Admiral

Thanks for the link, I'd seen that a while ago but it got lost in the caverns of my overloaded RAM.

Stratohammer

Seaman Apprentice

Wow! That thing's really looking good! You know, you can spot a professional Plexiglass polisher from a mile away - it's the guy who resembles a fiddler crab.

Mike

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner

Wow! That thing's really looking good! You know, you can spot a professional Plexiglass polisher from a mile away - it's the guy who resembles a fiddler crab.

Mike

Hey I resemble that remark!!!!!

third times the charm

Petty Officer 1st Class

hey wood, the blue flamingo is looking good. I think the steering wheel turned out great, matches the blue very well you know a good contrast. Well i dont have plexi for the windshield, i have to deal with old glasss. The plexi does look good man, real good:D

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner

Well, I'm gettin REAL close. Just a bit more polishing on the Windshield which I should have done tonite. Then I can do the final install on it. B.I.L. Got the welding done on the Trailer Brackets and I received all the new rollers so now I need to get them installed and get the boat transferred to the trailer. I got the steering installed, cables run throttle control installed and cable runto the back. Splashwell installed but still need to install drain tube. Motor mount installed. All that's needed now is mounting the motor hooking up the electrical and throttle to the motor getting the two front seats installed and hit the water. I have to go to Edmond next weekend for my Grandsons 2nd birthday but Aug. 20th is still looking good for Launch day. Wish me luck.

(Click the pics to Enlarge)

Dash, Steering , Throttle Control and Selectric Push Button Shifter.

Photo0289.jpg

Splashwell and Motor Mount

Photo0290.jpg

lakelover

Rear Admiral

Lookin' good, you're so close I bet you can smell it.

Bighoss

Petty Officer 1st Class

Nice! Wood, it looks great buddy! Holy crap a splash date within reach already...

MichaelP

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Very nice, she is a real cream puff! Can't wait for the splash.

rrumba

Ensign

sorry it took me so long to stop in and check your thread out WOG. I must say, VERY IMPRESSIVE...... the paint, workmanship, the windshield is amazing. i can only hope that my work turns out be 1/4 of what yours is. beautiful job