1961 Lonestar Flamingo - SPLASHED w/Pics

friderday

Chief Petty Officer
Hey Wood....I just had an idea...you should see if Nurseman can come help you with the Admiral's recovery AND help you in the woodshop while she rests. He has obvious skills, especially with the clamps. Your welcome! Hey...some of us just are good thinkers...I'm just sayin'.

nurseman

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Wood, post as many pictures of your wood projects as you want, I for one would love to see them.

Last edited:

nurseman

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Hey Wood....I just had an idea...you should see if Nurseman can come help you with the Admiral's recovery AND help you in the woodshop while she rests. He has obvious skills, especially with the clamps. Your welcome! Hey...some of us just are good thinkers...I'm just sayin'.

Yea... it's ONLY about 750 miles or so.

friderday

Chief Petty Officer
It IS a bit far, I agree, but you could throw a clamp out the window every 20 miles to help you find your way back. Heck, that means you'd still have about 47 clamps left over to use in the workshop once you get there. When I was growing up, we got very lost on a family vacation...like lost as in "the wrong side of town" lost. We were eating fried chicken and my grammie said to us, "throw the chicken bones out the window when you're done so we can find our way out of this place." LOL...true story...Ahhhh....a road trip to Oklahoma...might have to do that some day.

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner
Yeah, any and all are welcome to visit Okie-Land!!! Just make sure it's NOT during Twister Season!!!!

Tnstratofam

Commander
Just make sure it's NOT during Twister Season!!!!
Now where is the fun in that. I figured all us boat re builders were storm chasers at heart! Given that we all seem to find the biggest nightmares in boat projects.:eek::D

Rickmerrill

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Wood my MIL had that surgery years back in Greece. They even paid extra to get the best guy. Well, when I saw the new one it was a little larger than the other knee. So, I told her or I should say here daughters translated this for me:"It looks good but if you ever want to get breast enhancements I recommend you try another surgeon!".

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner
Thanks for the Kind words. Just an Old Dumb Okie tryin to help when and where I can and Passin on what I've learned from all the guys here on the forum.

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner
As I mentioned, while the Admiral is recuperating from her Knee Replacement surgery and the Blue Flamingo is in her Winter Clothes, soo, I've been spending some time in the Woodshop. A Lady at work wanted a Set of Adirondack chairs with Footrests and a table. My chair design is a bit different so the chairs are easier to get up from so they are NOT the traditional look. All of this is made from wood I get from Pallets and Crates discarded from our local "River Port" that connects us to the Gulf of Mexico via the Mississippi River. I Treat it with my Old Timers Wood Sealer formula and then either stain it or paint it depending on what the customer want. These are getting painted Charcoal Grey. I'll use the Tractor Paint w/Hardener on em. I got them assembled today but still lots of sanding and then Primer and Paint. Got a Pre-Thanksgiving delivery date so I'm hoping the Temps cooperate else I'll be visiting my BIL's heated Paint Booth!!!

Hope the Goblins stayed away from everyones projects over Halloween!!!!

Last edited:

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Like the design ! I got a couple of those minus the leg rest , that are very comfortable to sit in .. But like you said a real pita to get up from .. Mainly because I'm a big lard *** .. The customer should be very pleased !
I do have one suggestion .. Just for looks maybe make the front 4 legs longer and finish the top of the legs on the same radius as your slat supports ... Instead of the square tops ... Just stinking out loud ... :joyous:

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
Like the design ! I got a couple of those minus the leg rest , that are very comfortable to sit in .. But like you said a real pita to get up from .. Mainly because I'm a big lard *** .. The customer should be very pleased !
I do have one suggestion .. Just for looks maybe make the front 4 legs longer and finish the top of the legs on the same radius as your slat supports ... Instead of the square tops ... Just stinking out loud ... :joyous:

Hmmm Maybe Mike can install one of those James Bond ejector seats for ya.

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner
Ya know...When I posted the pic's and was lookin at em I was thinkin somethun ain't lookin right and now I know what it is. You Da Man Sam!!! I'm gunna change the leg desgn tomorrow nite.

lakelover

Rear Admiral
Pretty good ADK chairs for a self-proclaimed Okie! I hereby confer upon you the title of Honorary Adirondacker! :) Look nice & comfy, just ready for sittin' in front of a fire with the marshmallow sticks, or better yet, a nice glass o' wine.

nurseman

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Maybe an unused tilt/trim hydraulic ram under the seat? Would be an nice gentle lift to a standing position.

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner
Well, Got the Chairs done....
10734246_741992749183876_7787089732587141979_n.jpg

and then the customer wanted them customized with their Favorite College Team Logo's This almost did me in...

10506600_743059695743848_3844111362400519367_o.jpg