1961 Lonestar Flamingo - SPLASHED w/Pics

zool

Captain
Re: 1961 Lonestar Flamingo - SPLASHED w/Pics

Nice man....but if you keep making interiors, you'll have to change ur handle to vinylonfoam or canvasonwood :)

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner

Well I finally was able to make an appointment to go look at the Tri-Hull. It was 45 miles away. Sorry to say I think it was a wasted trip. Not totally sure yet. The Boat was pretty much Trash on the inside. Garage was open to critters and they had NESTED in the boat and destroyed the interior. The couple had converted it to a Fishing Boat and done a POOR job. Needless to say it would need a Total restoration on the inside to meet the Admiral's and My requirements. The hull had the typical scratches and gouges but nothing major but... Transom had cracks on the top Silicone around the drain tube and along the bottom edge of the transom and bouncing on in showed some flex. YUCK!!!! Good news was Motor Had 125 on all cylinders, Tilt and trim work GREAT!!! Trailer was in Good Shape. I'm thinking of Offering $750 and then possibly putting the motor on the BF and putting the 40hp on the Tri-Hull and selling it as a fishing boat. I just don't think I want to do a full restore on that particular boat. I need/want a motor!!!! Decisions Decisions!!! The Admiral says to PASS!!!!

zool

Captain

Admirals always say PASS!......um, unless its at the mall :rolleyes:

Hope it works out for you Mikey.......the season is upon us....or you can just hang out in drydock this summer with us slouches :D

GT1000000

Rear Admiral

Hmmm, 750, swap engines, sell 3V hulk, recoup, maybe 4-500, new 2 U engine on the BF for 'bout 250, back in the wet stuff before summer kicks off...yeah, no brainer
Hope it works out, brother...if anybody deserves a good deal it's you!:cool:

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner

Yeah, I got a guy gunna help me check the 40 hp Rude' next weekend and see if we can get her to hit on both cylinders again. If so then I think I'm gunna pull the trigger on the Tri-Hull and do the swap thing. With a little Clean up I could make it look pretty good and prolly recoup almost all my money. I GOTS to GET on the Water this season. My Granson has Done Told Me!!!!;)

ahmincha

Lieutenant Commander

Well I have to agree if anyone deserves a deal it would be the guy who is always helping everyone else

tallcanadian

Captain

Good luck on this Wood. The motor would be worth 750 for sure. Boat and trailer shouldn't be too hard to sell? I know you will do the right thing.. So, your looking for some sewing to do? Hmmm..... Have I got a job for you.

SAT_Bob

Seaman

Could be worth it just for the motor. Then if you can sell the trailer, hull and 40hp to recoup some of your money, great. But at least you can take your grandson out on the water this summer.

jbcurt00

Staff member

I GOTS to GET on the Water this season. My Granson has Done Told Me!!!!;)

Well, then, ya best get busy, were there a few fiddly bits you wanted to address too? Beyond a pesky paint chip or 2?

What motor do you REALLY want? With in reason of course, I'm sure you'd settle for a low cost, sub $1k, great looking & running new 70hp Etec. If you find 1, better check it for hen's teeth too, 'cause it's going to be quite the rarity.. 40-70hp is a pretty big range. Newer tech rather then vintage? Something that might need cosmetic work, but little to no WORK other then new to you used motor preventative maintenance?

sphelps

Supreme Mariner

Sure hope you can get something worked out Woody ! The water is starting to warm up ! :)

Moonystar

Cadet

Gotta love these classics. If I were you, I would keep that old depth finder and radio. I have a 68 Mirro and love to put classic stuff like that on it. :)

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner

I posted this on lokon's thread but I wanted everyone familiar with me to know about it too. I recently spent 3 days in Chicago on a training seminar for work and I was able to meet with lokon for an hour and a half. We had a great "Visit" talking about Boats, Family, and Life in general. And as always without pics it never happened so here's the proof.

Brian, (he's the good looking one on the right)It was good to put a face to a name. Had a Great time and hope we can do it again. You're welcome in Okie Land any time!!!

Last edited:

lokonn

Chief Petty Officer

Had a great time! Wish we could have gotten together with more time to spin the yarns and tell the tales. Sure is nice to be able to put a face with the name! Look me up anytime you are in town.

GT1000000

Rear Admiral

That is super cool...:cool-new:
One of the many reasons this forum is so special...most of us only know each other through the ramblings we share here, but we are blessed with an instant Family whenever we get the opportunity to meet face to face...:thumb:

tallcanadian

Captain

That is super cool...:cool-new:
One of the many reasons this forum is so special...most of us only know each other through the ramblings we share here, but we are blessed with an instant Family whenever we get the opportunity to meet face to face...:thumb:

It would be great to meet all of you. Maybe some kind of get together. Hmmm. Who wants to host? I wouldn't expect anyone to come here cause you would all freeze. lol.

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner

I've often thought of an iBoats members convention but the logistics might be a bit difficult. It WOULD be fantastic. I've been lucky enough to personally meet Two iBoaters so far, and I hope to meet many more when I retire and begin to travel more.

sphelps

Supreme Mariner

A big get together would be a blast ! I was wanting to maybe host like a south east area get together that would be an open invite for everyone . Just so busy here lately it would be hard to organize . Not sure who would be able to show up . I have a big enough set up to hold a pretty large crowd . Boats ,campers or whatever ... :)

jbcurt00

Staff member

A big get together would be a blast ! I was wanting to maybe host like a south east area get together that would be an open invite for everyone . Just so busy here lately it would be hard to organize . Not sure who would be able to show up . I have a big enough set up to hold a pretty large crowd . Boats ,campers or whatever ... :)

How's next Sat look for you? I've been meaning to drag the FF down your & Gus' way for about 82wks, plus or minus a few dozen, so we'll be seeing ya soon. :facepalm: