14ft Starcraft Falcon Restore

CBGale2

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Re: 14ft Starcraft Falcon Restore

Paint is done!!!!!!!! Stuck a little something extra on the side to distract peoples attention away from my paint job :eek:, going to put some new Starcraft decals on the side later.

IMG_3591.jpg

IMG_3593.jpg

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

I'm stalking Kenny tonight..
And WOW..Glad I saw him duck in here...

She looks perfect!!!!!!
I agree with Ez...LOVE IT:D

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

Wow! Where'd you get that sweet decal?

CBGale2

Lieutenant Junior Grade

I just grabed a brush and some silver paint. Kidding :p

Got them off eBay a while back. Was going to put them on my last boat but changed my mind. So they where sitting in the garage and thought why not.

CBGale2

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Got it flipped back over today, now I can get to work on the inside.

IMG_3601.jpg

CBGale2

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Got the splashwell and the inside of the top rail painted up tonight and slid the new transom in. Happy to switch gears to the inside stuff now that the exterior portions are pretty much all wrapped up.

Heres the before and after pictures for the exterior.

IMG_3403.jpg

IMG_3605.jpg

And a better shot of the splashwell all purty.

IMG_3604.jpg

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner

I'll say it again, that white on red looks sharp! Well done!

CBGale2

Lieutenant Junior Grade

:mad: Went to get my bolts for the transom today. What a pain. Headed to the Menards down the road from me. That place is such a mess. They have all there nuts and bolts in this wall of drawers and every bolt is in its own bag and of course they are all mixed toghether. I was having to take every package out of the compartments and look to see what was in it. Once I finally dug through enough and found the bolts I needed I open the washer and nut tray out and guess what, they only had one nut left. Said to heck with that and left. Next stop was Home Depot. They had a slightly better selection of stainless hardware and did have everything I needed..... I had one of the friendly workers stop by and ask me if I needed help, said I wanted a box of stainless pan head screws. He grabs these ones off the shelf and says here you go. I said those say they are zinc. He proceeds to explain to me how they are stainless inside but zinc coated because they have found out now that stainless will rust if you scratch it. So I learned something new today. :rolleyes:

SnowHunter

Petty Officer 1st Class

Wow, that sure looks good with the new red!!!!!

The right side up and upsidedown pic from a few days ago had me a bit dizzy :D

tdrudd87

Petty Officer 1st Class

:mad: He grabs these ones off the shelf and says here you go. I said those say they are zinc. He proceeds to explain to me how they are stainless inside but zinc coated because they have found out now that stainless will rust if you scratch it. So I learned something new today. :rolleyes:

Thats when I make a lap around the store and go back to the aisle and get what I want!

Sharp boat!
Terry

CBGale2

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Wow, that sure looks good with the new red!!!!!

The right side up and upsidedown pic from a few days ago had me a bit dizzy :D

Sorry, promise no more upside down pictures. :D

bananaboater

Ensign

:mad: Went to get my bolts for the transom today. What a pain. Headed to the Menards down the road from me. That place is such a mess. They have all there nuts and bolts in this wall of drawers and every bolt is in its own bag and of course they are all mixed toghether. I was having to take every package out of the compartments and look to see what was in it. Once I finally dug through enough and found the bolts I needed I open the washer and nut tray out and guess what, they only had one nut left. Said to heck with that and left. Next stop was Home Depot. They had a slightly better selection of stainless hardware and did have everything I needed..... I had one of the friendly workers stop by and ask me if I needed help, said I wanted a box of stainless pan head screws. He grabs these ones off the shelf and says here you go. I said those say they are zinc. He proceeds to explain to me how they are stainless inside but zinc coated because they have found out now that stainless will rust if you scratch it. So I learned something new today. :rolleyes:

I went to Fastenal and got "truss" head stainless screws that will not rust if they get scratched. :rolleyes: The heads are flatter and wider than pan head and almost match the originals.

wrfalpacas

Chief Petty Officer

Nice Job! I really like the color, this is going to be a sharp boat..

CBGale2

Lieutenant Junior Grade

So today Im racking my brain trying to figure out what to use for that back transom plate on the outside of the boat. Was thinking sealed up wood, but nixed that idea, took a look at Wally World and all they had for plastic cutting boards where fancy colors for $12, nixed that idea. Next I grabbed a piece of the wifes tuperware and cut a piece out of a flat sided storage container, but it wasnt big enough so threw that out (probably should have measured first :D). Just when I was about to say foget it, Im just not going to have anything on there when all of a sudden, out of no where, like a message from the big man upstairs it hit me. It said, "in the bottom of that duffle bag under your bed is a nice sheet of 1/8" thick black abs type platic". Problem solved!!!! :cool:

Andy in NY

Commander

So today Im racking my brain trying to figure out what to use for that back transom plate on the outside of the boat. Was thinking sealed up wood, but nixed that idea, took a look at Wally World and all they had for plastic cutting boards where fancy colors for $12, nixed that idea. Next I grabbed a piece of the wifes tuperware and cut a piece out of a flat sided storage container, but it wasnt big enough so threw that out (probably should have measured first :D). Just when I was about to say foget it, Im just not going to have anything on there when all of a sudden, out of no where, like a message from the big man upstairs it hit me. It said, "in the bottom of that duffle bag under your bed is a nice sheet of 1/8" thick black abs type platic". Problem solved!!!! :cool:

most of us have opted to leave that piece off. IMO it looks better with out it, and really serves no purpose.

btw she is looking nice! what did you use to paint your trailer? my boat is off the trailer right now for paint and other needed trailer repairs.

CBGale2

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Thanks Andy. For the trailer I just used semi gloss Rustoleum rattle cans...

Transoms in and the old 62' Seaking 40hp with the ugliest hood ever made put back on.

IMG_3607.jpg

IMG_3608.jpg

:confused:m just curios... how the heck did you flip that thing over, esp. with out breaking the glass:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: