1962 Arkansas Traveler restoration

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner
Re: 1962 Arkansas Traveler restoration

Hey Mick,

I just found a guy here locally that has a lot of Old 60's and 70's Rude' parts. Let me know if you ever need anything and I'll check him out for you.

I'm just sayin...:D

micks110

Master Chief Petty Officer

Thanks guys for the input.

TM- That's what my boat guy told me about the carbs

Woody- Thanks for the notice. Hopefully after she is rebuilt this winter she will be good to go for 50 years:)

archbuilder

Vice Admiral

Hey Mick any updates? Hope things are going great up there!

JBF 1962

Chief Petty Officer

great pics they are indeed. Makes me miss my first boat. 1968 arkansas traveller polaris with its original evinrude 40 lark VIII

JBF 1962

Chief Petty Officer

Hey! Found a pic of my '68 Arkansas Traveller Polaris with the 40 hp Evinrude Lark X (thought it was a Lark VIII)

Attachments

• Coxies.jpg
    Coxies.jpg
    146.7 KB · Views: 2
  • close to drinkers bay.jpg
    close to drinkers bay.jpg
    147.7 KB · Views: 2

ben2go

Chief Petty Officer

Looks like a Ferrari on water. :D

JBF 1962

Chief Petty Officer

heh, yep, although it was 'attract a cop red' and that 40 horse really pinned you to the seat with acceleration. lol ...ok, think i'm getting a little carried away ;P

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner

Hey Micks

Just wanted to say how much I have enjoyed your project and hope you and yours had a Happy Thanksgiving!!

I'm Just Sayin...:D

micks110

Master Chief Petty Officer

Hey guys! Yeh, I haven't been around in a while:eek: I've been busy, but The boats just been sitting in the garage for the winter so far.

I still have to get the motor rebuilt this winter. I have a former student I had in school who is now a mechanic that will do it for me. I just have to wait till after Christmas when I have some extra cash ($800) to get her rebuilt.

If you remember, one of my cylinders isn't at 100% compression so I will be getting 4 new heads redone sometime in the next couple months.

Once I'm done with that I will be able to "officially" move it to the completed projects threads!

I hope this thread was motivation and helpful to anyone out there.

archbuilder

Vice Admiral

Hey Mick,

Glad to hear from you, I'm kind of in the same "boat" so to speak waiting on Funding for mine! Hopefully the economy will pick up soon, I still need to get a gas tank built!

jfl1960

Seaman

Hey guys! Yeh, I haven't been around in a while:eek: I've been busy, but The boats just been sitting in the garage for the winter so far.

I still have to get the motor rebuilt this winter. I have a former student I had in school who is now a mechanic that will do it for me. I just have to wait till after Christmas when I have some extra cash ($800) to get her rebuilt.

If you remember, one of my cylinders isn't at 100% compression so I will be getting 4 new heads redone sometime in the next couple months.

Once I'm done with that I will be able to "officially" move it to the completed projects threads!

I hope this thread was motivation and helpful to anyone out there.

I was just given a 14' comet traveler by my uncle, it is a different year from yours but it has a soft floor the same as your (most likely bad stringers too). This boat has sat in his yard for 11 years under a tarp and has obvious weather damage, this was a great thread and helped me to decide to repair the boat for next summer, thanks for sharing all your experiences and videos/pictures they will be a great help for this project.

View attachment 122203

Last edited:

Friscoboater

Captain

I was just given a 14' comet traveler by my uncle, it is a different year from yours but it has a soft floor the same as your (most likely bad stringers too). This boat has sat in his yard for 11 years under a tarp and has obvious weather damage, this was a great thread and helped me to decide to repair the boat for next summer, thanks for sharing all your experiences and videos/pictures they will be a great help for this project.

View attachment 122203

jfl1960,

You might want to read the rules. This thread is over a year old, and the mods do not like us bringing them back from the dead.

jfl1960

Seaman

My apologies if I broke any rules of this site. Will keep that in mind from now on.

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

My apologies if I broke any rules of this site. Will keep in that in mind from now on.

If you start a new thread jfl I'm sure we'd all love to see your boat and help you out.