18' Starcraft SuperSport restoration

Status
Not open for further replies.

Triton II

Commander
Re: 18' Starcraft SuperSport restoration

From a practical point of view it's probably fine, can you reach into the bottom of the dogbox without having to stretch? If so, then maybe a little lower??? Either way, it'll look great once you've vinyled and carpeted it. Nice work Ez,

TII

snakeriverfisher

Seaman Apprentice

I think if it were me,and those back seats come out,I would build it so it was the same hight as the seat boxes or make a deck across the whole back,nothing worse than getting a treble hook caught past the barb in your new seats.Been there and got the T-shirt,then for water fun put the seats back in.fishing can be hard on a boat,or at least i'm hard on a boat when I'm fishen

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner

You know, I think dj and HA are on to something....

You may have just enough room in there for a proper engine.

:D

EZ,

That's a cool idea for a casting seat and it looks great. Are you going to give it a couple of coats of something before the vinyl and capet?

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

It will get a couple coats of porch and floor paint. I decided not to spend the money on epoxy for my above deck stuff.

Aldo P.

Cadet

EZ, nice work as always... My .02 is to shorten it- looks uncomfortable to me as an armrest for somone in the seats. I really like that hinge, where'd you pick that up? BTW, we picked up another 2"-3" of snow here yesterday...

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

EZ, nice work as always... My .02 is to shorten it- looks uncomfortable to me as an armrest for somone in the seats. I really like that hinge, where'd you pick that up? BTW, we picked up another 2"-3" of snow here yesterday...

Hey Aldo, which hinge are you talking about? I just ordered these for the box lid and I will eventually replace my front hatch hinges with them also: http://veada.com/product/8-Boat-Hinges-and-Pedestals/284--13-12-Off-Set-Hinge.html I'm going to be out your way (Brookfield) for a camping trip with my Erie college buddies in June. It better warm up out there!

Aldo P.

Cadet

My weak & feeble attempt at a joke- noticed there wasn't one... Coming back from Buffalo yesterday had to slow down outside Erie to knock the snow off the wiper blades. This is the eternal winter from h***- postpone the camping till July. Brookfield? In Tioga county? Man, that's out there! Been using "seach tempest" for CL searches- quick & easy...

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

Couple small updates. My hinges from Veada came (quickly I might add) and they are perfect. Anyone considering doing any kind of hatches should go with them at $6 a piece you can't beat 'em. http://veada.com/product/8-Boat-Hing...Set-Hinge.html

So I hacked 3 1/2" off the bottom of the stern box. That was a good plan. I sat in the fishing seat again and it was indeed ridiculously high. My wife figured I'd pitch myself into the drink off that thing. So I shortened it and am am very pleased with the result. My feet can now fit under the splashwell a bit and it just basically looks and works fine. I added my two cupholders to the hatch lid that I bought last year. I sanded the whole thing down and slapped a coat of paint on it. I did not take a pic of it yet. You'll have to wait till tomorrow. I have to paint the other sides of things and get some vinyl and carpet on it. I think I'm going to be very pleased with how it works out. Since the seat pedestal base is mounted on an opening hatch, I'll need to find a suitable latch for it.

fshngho

Lieutenant

Once again you give me ideas and a way to proceed. How did you know I was at the same point? I want a casting platform in the stern and heck I already stole your seating design. Waiting on pics and hoping you dont copyright your ideas before I get to use them.

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

I finished the stern box today. I'm very please with how it came out.

IMG_0481.jpg

IMG_0477.jpg

IMG_0483.jpg

IMG_0485.jpg

IMG_0484.jpg

djpeters

Lieutenant Commander

Looks very nice and fits well. Looks like it's supposed to be there.

boatnut74

Lieutenant Commander

Nice work on the interior! Very clean and well laid out. It should function well.

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner

Hey EZ,

That's one Good Lookin First Mate you got there!!!!
Ya Dun GOOD! on that Stern Box!!!! But I bet you could'nt a dun it with out his help!!!!:eek:

yooperangler

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Seat box looks great man that extra storage is gonna be really nice as well only problem is everytime I think I have my boat planned out you raise the bar:) after seeing this I think all my seats may have to go on boxes instead of my cheapo pedestals:eek:

lakelover

Rear Admiral

All your work looks great, nice custom job making it do what you want it to do. Your helper will like sitting in that seat on your excursions.

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

Thanks gents. I've been working on my bow insert today. I decided not to get real hardcore on that since that whole situation up there is going to be rebuilt eventually anyway. Pics when it's done.

The only thing I have left after this is the electrical stuff. I have to wire up my fish finder, install the new gauges, and perhaps add a fuse panel. Will have to buy some wire to do it properly.

Huron Angler

Admiral

That casting deck looks great and should be very nice when you are casting for lunkers. You should be able to see into the water very well, and I'm sure you will catch way more fish now.:D

How much do you think the box weighs? I'd like to do the same but don't want to add too much weight in the stern.

Status
Not open for further replies.