18' Starcraft SuperSport restoration

Status
Not open for further replies.

evildocrsx

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: 18' Starcraft SuperSport restoration

It almost seems like you don't need to do anything to it.

Greendiver

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Whoa. The earth is spinning backwards or something on this thread. A boat that runs and is on the water BEFORE the restoration? How.. Wha..?

Just kidding you. Its gonna be fun and the best part is you KNOW your happy with the package, it can only get better.

Huron Angler

Admiral

Nice! 39mph:D

I'm sure you'll top 40 once you master the trim/tilt. I'm impressed by that hull- she really scoots across the water nicely. I think the v5 with extra chines really makes a difference.

Does it feel more stable in the water than the jupiter?

Sorry to hear of the outboard issues but you needed something to work on anyway right EZ?:rolleyes:

We had perfect weather today(mid 60s, also no wind) and I left work early for boating as well...great minds think alike:D

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

evildocrsx and Greendiver, yeah I am completely blown away by the fact that basically I got a totally usable boat for $1000. Heck, I could just throw a couple pedestal seats in it and call it good! Not my style though. It was very nice to be able to get out on the water with it and see how it performs before putting all the money and effort into the restoration. My dad and I did do a quick lawn chair run in the Jupiter as well before I restored it but that was only after we dumped many hundreds into the motor.

HA, I think 39 is probably the fastest this thing will ever go with this motor. I expect to lose some top end when it's weighed down with an interior. That is, of course, assuming I'm at my optimal prop/setup situation right now which is a big assumption since I don't currently have a tach. We shall see.

Blue Crabber

Ensign

EZ - Great pics and videos! Have fun fixing it up this winter!!!!

JimbC

Chief Petty Officer

Very nice EZ :D great find and good buy. pics and vids were cool.

North Beach

Commander

OK EZ. Per your instructions I have read the full resto thread. Now quit talkin and start workin.:)

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

Now quit talkin and start workin.:)

Hey! I just got back from a lot of talkin' at timfives' house and we're going to both go and pick up plywood for our projects this weekend :)

Rickairmedic

Commander

Well that does it EZ got a boat buddy there goes the train club :D. EZ good to hear you and Tim hooked up and are gonna hepl each other out with your boats. There are times when a nearby boatbuddy ( with the same type of boat ) would be nice .

Rick

timfives

Petty Officer 1st Class

I don't think EZ realizes how much work he volunteered to do for me while he we were chatting HAHAHAH..

T

Supersportster

Petty Officer 1st Class

EZ, boats looking good! I just came across this thread. I dont want to Hijack, but I do have a question to ask.

My boat is a sylvan, 1989 from what the guy sold it to me said. And I swear its the twin brother of your new boat. Just not a starcraft. The design of the hull, the same steering wheel, and glove box. It has a 90 Johnson, and runs 40 mph on a nice calm day...

Is sylvan made by starcraft? or just copied them??

I will be watching what you do with the bow casting deck, as I want to update mine...

Shane

moonfish

Petty Officer 2nd Class

That's a rockin boat for 1k. I guess it pays to boat shop late in the year.

If it was mine, rod holders and bean bags!

Supersportster

Petty Officer 1st Class

Hahaha! Thanks, confusing it is..

Thats why I picked my name as super sportster, it says that on the side of my boat...lol

Good luck with your restortation, I will be watching closley. I have had the thought to get two fold down seats in the back like the new starcraft and re-do my interior..

One other thing, Have a look and see how your splash well is connected to your transom. I am in the process of taking care of a leak on mine there. It is attach with a bunch of screws that are loose and wont tighten..

Maybe they did something different on yours and I can copy it!

Thanks again

Shane

timfives

Petty Officer 1st Class

Great article, i suppose that answers when Brunswick took over Starcraft. Question is i suppose do they still own them?

Shane, here's a nice confusing read for you: http://www.allbusiness.com/north-america/united-states-indiana/357254-1.html

To summarize....looks like Starcraft, Smoker-craft, Sylvan, and a few others have been intertwined in various ways for many years. I believe they were all started by the same family (the Schrock's)

Supersportster

Petty Officer 1st Class

So all in all, I got a good boat, but I dont qualify for the starcraft club..LOL

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

So all in all, I got a good boat, but I dont qualify for the starcraft club..LOL

ya can always get some of North Beach's super cool Starcraft insignia's and have a clone..lol

Just like the fake SS Chevelles & Camaros runnin around..

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

We'd probably let you in anyway :)

Supersportster

Petty Officer 1st Class

ah thanks!, or take a vote and let me know...lol

What are your plans for the consoles? Going to keep the original glove box? and steering wheel?

My steering wheel kinda feels like it flexs when you are turning at speed. Nothing dangerous, just not as solid as a wheel on a car

Status
Not open for further replies.