18' Starcraft SuperSport restoration

Status
Not open for further replies.

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner
Re: 18' Starcraft SuperSport restoration

Blue is on (1st coat) looks amazing. Pic at some point today. The trolling motor is super nice, 43lbs of thrust. Plenty for my boat I think. To buy the same motor new would be around $450! Pretty pumped about that deal. Even came with the manual. The seats didn't come yesterday but are supposed to come today. I'll update you all with pics of those and the paint when they come.

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

Blue is on (1st coat) looks amazing. Pic at some point today. The trolling motor is super nice, 43lbs of thrust. Plenty for my boat I think. To buy the same motor new would be around $450! Pretty pumped about that deal. Even came with the manual. The seats didn't come yesterday but are supposed to come today. I'll update you all with pics of those and the paint when they come.

SCORED on that trolling motor Ez..
43 #s has to be enough..Looking fwd to seeing the updates

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

Here's the paint:
DSCF2281.jpg

DSCF2280.jpg

DSCF2279.jpg

And here's one of the bucket seats that came:
DSCF2278.jpg

And here you can see my luck continues with this seat thing. Came this way right from Wise with no visible damage to the box. Nice quality control there. Obviously this will be going back.
DSCF2277.jpg

BobsGlasstream

Commander

ezmobee,
Great looking paint job. That seat will look great, when you get it replaced.
Sorry about your luck. Just be glad you didn't overlook it for a couple of days. Should be easy to get it replaced, even if it's a pain to deal with.
Great job, keep it going.
Good luck.
Bob

vegasphotoman

Lieutenant

per bummer on the seat....darn soft supple vinyl!!!!!

the paint......survey says!!!!!!!!!!!
OMG....OMG .....OMG.......that freaking looks FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!!:)

you are getting way too good way too fast at this stuff Ez.......you mustve been an Artist"e in a past life BRAVO! flippin awsome! :)

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

Thanks guys. I am and very pleased with it. Love the color and the gloss is unbelievable.

sprintst

Commander

Man it would have been so much easier if I would have pulled the engine, leg, etc and done what you have. I'm still gimped from trying to put from under the trailer while the boat was lifted.

Nice work on the paint...it looks professional. The only down side to a nice paint job is worrying about scratches :) Keep inspiring everyone with your work.

Huron Angler

Admiral

Great job on the painting EZ, looks perfect:)

If you have any luck it's bad luck on seats, hopefully no restocking fee on the bucket, those look comfy:D

Are you still going to build a box in front of the splashwell?

Great work, keep it up...and I will try to catch up to you!

Rickairmedic

Commander

Paint looks fantastic even better without the green tape on it :D. The paint actually looks darker on a webcam than it does in the pics here :D.

Rick

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

After conferring with my personal paint adviser (Rickairmedic) I have decided to not do a 2nd coat on the blue. The first coat came out perfect with complete coverage so the only thing a 2nd coat would accomplish would be a little thicker paint job and chance for more runs. There are no runs on this coat and if I got some on the 2nd I'd be homicidal. I just went out and pulled the tape and WOW. Pics on that later. GREEN TAPE RULES BLUE TAPE DROOLS!!! Seriously people, if you're doing any kind of masking, spring for the green tape. it ROCKS.

HopeSheFloats

Lieutenant Commander

Paint looks great, bummer on the seat! Gald you mentioned the green tape, at first glance I thought that was pin-stripping :eek: lol

thrillhouse700

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Dude your paint came out a thousand times better than ours. Its ok we get shot #2 on the top!!! Great job. I gimped my knee somehow glassing the deck. Still can't figure out for the life of me how tho.

jspano

Senior Chief Petty Officer

ez echo those thoughts on the paint... it looks great!
i don't blame you on no 2nd coat its hard to catch lightening in in a bottle( or can of paint) twice

joe

fshngho

Lieutenant

OK EZ, I will admit it, my jaw dropped when I saw your pics. Good Golly what a shine, I am soooo envious.:) You sure you did that with a roller? You just may be setting the standard a little too high for idjits like me. But, you give me inspiration. :D Great job and thanks for the pics. Dale

PaulyV

Chief Petty Officer

I like the color. paint looks very bright. cant wait to see it flipped and with seats. great job.

BWR1953

Vice Admiral

Freakin' AMAZING on the paint job ez!! Don't sweat the seat... that's small potatoes.

Fantastic work you're doing!

bananaboater

Ensign

Beautiful BLUE. Really nice work EZ.

Had to send one of my Wise seats back too, had a cut on top back. No problem with my local boat store.

Albert

JimbC

Chief Petty Officer

:eek: WOW EZ the paint looks great. I think I am just going to bring my boat up to you and let you do my painting. That is how I was thinking of painting mine, So it will be very easy for you to do it.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.