1966 Johnson Deluxe 17' Re-Build

Arkitorture

Recruit
Hello, here is my latest project. I am going to restore this classic and try an have it finished before the winter months hit and or have it lake ready for 2010.

Ok, after doing some research I think my boat is an OMC Deluxe 17' made by Johnson. I am going to look closer at the metal tags tonight. I do know I am missing at least one seat. I am also missing the fiberglas engine covers and back top covers to the boat. Also at some point another consule was installed for I can't seem to find any picks of what mine looks loke on the net.

Yesterday, I literally CUT off my stern drive. I still can't get the gimbal or back plate to seperate from the transom. I thing my boat had a circular cover on the transom when built new. Anyway, still trying to decide how to tackle getting that out. I have started sawing the hull apart so I can take the top off but I will keep at it.

Attachments

• IMG00050.jpg
    IMG00050.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG00051.jpg
    IMG00051.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG00052.jpg
    IMG00052.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG00053.jpg
    IMG00053.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG00054.jpg
    IMG00054.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 0

Arkitorture

Recruit
Re: 1966 Johnson Deluxe 17' Re-Build

Well, got my Gimbal and motor plate off the transom. I have totally gutted the interior floor and stripped out most of the foam. Turns out my stringers were made of foam not wood?? Who would have thought? Anyway, I have tore off the replacement dash fiberglass and seperated the top hull from the bottom hull. My plan this evening is to remover the bottom hull off the trailer so I can begin work on getting that back in shape. I will post pictures of the current condition later tonight. I am also in the process of cutting out my transom to build back a new one. Later, M

Andy in NY

Commander
Re: 1966 Johnson Deluxe 17' Re-Build

Well, got my Gimbal and motor plate off the transom. I have totally gutted the interior floor and stripped out most of the foam. Turns out my stringers were made of foam not wood?? Who would have thought? Anyway, I have tore off the replacement dash fiberglass and seperated the top hull from the bottom hull. My plan this evening is to remover the bottom hull off the trailer so I can begin work on getting that back in shape. I will post pictures of the current condition later tonight. I am also in the process of cutting out my transom to build back a new one. Later, M

This thread is useless without more pictures.
:D