66 Starcraft Sunchief Re-Build

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wakeesh

Cadet
Re: 66 Starcraft Sunchief Re-Build

IMG_1380.jpg
Just acquired this 18' outboard model Starcraft and want to get it sea-worthy by Springtime (I'm in Alaska). I admire the detailed photos and explanations you provided and plan on studying them intently as I get into my project. First I need to make space in my garage, then test for leaky rivets and seams. Looking for any and all assistance and ideas more experienced "shipwrights" can offer. Thanks in advance - Don:confused::confused:

North Beach

Commander

Welcome to Iboats Don. That's a 1972 Starchief you've got there. Minus the cabin, it's identical to the Liquid Limo. Start yourself a resto thread here and start posting up questions or just do what you want and keep us updated.

Wakeesh

Cadet

Welcome to Iboats Don. That's a 1972 Starchief you've got there. Minus the cabin, it's identical to the Liquid Limo. Start yourself a resto thread here and start posting up questions or just do what you want and keep us updated.
Thanks NB, Now I know what I have. I'd like to remove the cabin so I'll have more access to all of the hull, and possibly convert to a more open model. I'd like to keep the weight down so a smaller engine will move it, and my Dakota 2X will safely tow it. I'll start a thread called 72 Starchief restore and get more info, pictures, and questions out there. Thanks again for responding.

Walkerocket

Recruit
Mod EDIT
Walker,
No solicitation in the open forum

Inactive topics shouldnt be posted to, see the Tip posted at the top of the forum page, or check the Forum help link in my signature for the forum rules and guidelines. Thanks

You may try sending NorthBeach a provate message asking your question. If memory serves, the answer will be no.

NorthBeach hasnt been active in a while and hasnt logged on to iboats since April

Topic closed

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.