Not open for further replies.

jcsercsa

Captain
Re: 66 Starcraft Sunchief Re-Build

Looking good there North Beach !!! cant wait too see the rest !!! John

matthewp

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Wow. I love the seats. She's going to be a real looker inside and out when you're done. Topside looks fabulous. Mine is, shall we say, distressed. My topside was covered in what looks to be marine vinyl of some sort (from factory). It's disintegrated in some places - when I do get to painting the hull, I'm planning to burn it all down to the aluminum and paint it.

Oh, btw, I'm nowhere near finished! I'll update my thread in a minute. Nice work, NB.

North Beach

Commander

Yeah right Matt! You and Kev are sandbaggers and not to be trusted. Just kinda whistlin and shufflin your feet and Boom! Half the boat's done:p

I just might have some interesting pics for you folks before I leave here on Monday.............

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

Yeah right Matt! You and Kev are sandbaggers and not to be trusted. Just kinda whistlin and shufflin your feet and Boom! Half the boat's done:p

I just might have some interesting pics for you folks before I leave here on Monday.............

LMAO!!!!
Would I ever pedal down the 1/4 mile??? No way bud....

Theres "done" and then there is a "Complete restoration to museum quality"

I am nowhere near one, and will never see the other..

North Beach

Commander

Just pokin a little fun at you guys:p

I saw the wood today with the finish on. OMG! I'm off for a three week vacation and I'm kinda sad to leave in the middle of this. I think I have some issues!!!

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

I laughed my head off NB..too funny

I hear ya...Was dying in NYC...and really upset I couldnt get this week off to do nuthing but boat work..man, to have 5 straight days, 12 hours a day to work on her?

Funny how working ON a boat would be a GREAT vacation..

matthewp

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Kev, I was just thinking the same thing: give me a week off and I'll have this thing in the water!

Nice one, NB. :p (whistlin' and shufflin' my feet). Hey, do you have any pics of the wood with the finish on? Can't wait to see it.

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

Just posting to let ya know I was thinking bout ya...

BTW...

Matt & I are holding off our projects till you come back (right Matt??)
We will jus be a shufflin our feets and whistlin till y'all get home...:D

North Beach

Commander

I leave on Monday so here's a quick (without pics) update since I'm still lookin at about 8 days worth of work to accomplish between now and then.

The last of the Kelly Green and White paint arrived yesterday. The wood is 100% complete. I'm picking up the emergency chrome pieces tomorrow at 1 pm and I haven't packed a danged thing yet for a week in the bush in BC.

Man this is fun........

ImNu2Boats

Cadet

NB Have a good time in BC. Wish I was going there myself. I don't get a break until next month when I go on my annual land locked steel head fishing adventure.

SS

sprintst

Commander

You guys rock.

I just started tearing down my 1977 Holiday 18 i/o last week.

I've got the interior out and tomorrow I start drilling out the rivets holding the floor down.

I'll be following along as I'm looking at doing my boat in the same fashion. I've got a lot of work to do but I'm inspired by you crazy kids :)

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

Welcome to the Starcraft club sprintst. Make sure you start a thread with pics of your project as we'd all love to follow your progress.

North Beach

Commander

Well it looks as if I've finally Run Aground on my restoration. Problems with one of my subcontractors has taken most of my attention the last week and I've accomplished nothing on the boat. I've pushed back my departure till tomorrow, Thursday morning and the outfitter in BC has agreed to wait for me. not to mention, I'll be driving across country on Memorial Day weekend. I know that's gonna be loads of fun.

The only positive here is I'll be picking Ole Blue up from IL on my way back the first week of June.

You folks keep banging away at those projects and we'll pick up on our's where we left off in three weeks.

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

This working for a living severly interfers with the boat stuff!!

You be safe and drag Ol Blue home to boat-el where she belongs!

Mark42

Fleet Admiral

I've been working on the Hard Top project for two years now. Envious of you guys who can get it done in one season and be out boating!

I'm trying my best to get this thing ready for my July vacation.

jcsercsa

Captain

I've been working on the Hard Top project for two years now. Envious of you guys who can get it done in one season and be out boating!

I'm trying my best to get this thing ready for my July vacation.

HAHAHAH yea I agree with yea Mark its been a year and a half on mine , didnt get mine in the water till aug last year !! going to beat that this year !!! I am going to try from next week on mine !!!!!! John

APPALOOSA2

Petty Officer 1st Class

OK we all need to go NB's place and finish this boat while he's gone. I can't take not reading and seeing pics of this Starcraft.

North Beach

Commander

Five More Days!! (from the hotel lobby in Williams Lake, BC) Man, it's killin me looking out the window at the boats on the lake.:(

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

Patience! It will happen and you have been doing the "perfect" job. At least you have a real excuse not like Kevin who claims to be traveling :D

Status
Not open for further replies.