1975 Thunderbird Cathedral Hull

Gray coupe

Recruit
Re: 1975 Thunderbird Cathedral Hull

Hey guys,

I found this forum by searching for Thunderbird watercraft on Google. My father recently passed away, leaving behind his beloved Thunderbird, which I believe is a late 60s or early 1970s model. I was going to have my mother donate the boat to a charity auction, but I'm sure it will be junked for that galvanized trailer it sits on.

The boat has a 70 horse Evinrude, which ran fine the last time we had in the water, which was 2005.

I'd much rather see this boat go to somebody appreciates that style of boat would like to carry it on.

I hope I'm not violating any forum rules by posting this message, I'm really is looking for a good home for this old boat. If anyone is interested, PM me. The boat is located in New Hampshire.

Here's a picture for you look at:

picture.php

lucky7

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: 1975 Thunderbird Cathedral Hull

is that boat still up for sale?

rickryder

Commander
Re: 1975 Thunderbird meet 1966 Thunderbird

I finally found the community of guys that would love to have their hands on the T-Bird I'm trying to sell for an older couple! This is a gem!

Info that I've gathered/confirmed through discussions:

• The owner of the boat was a powerboat dealer salesman, and managed to obtain this No. 4 example off the line.
  • Same owner was the guy that refinished the entire interior in "Teak" Wood in all areas.
  • This model has the typical catherdral tri-hull, but features a "Deep V" that extends the full length of the boat, which changed later.
  • The model has a more desirable outdrive gear box that was of the 'racing caliber' for the era, the TR-S by Mercruiser.
  • The boat is 24 feet long nose to prop.
  • Original 327 Chevy V8 oufitted by Mercruiser for marine use, last run five years ago, new oil.
  • The motor is not currently operatable due to winterizing (plugs removed to allow moisture accumulation in cylinders, accessories belts are removed, exhaust manifold elbow remove to also vent moisture during long sitting period. All hardware/components are present in the boat apart from batteries, minimal service would be required to get back to running condition.
  • All coushions and bed/seating pads from the lower hold are clean and in great condition, but are kept seperately to aviod mold etc.
  • The boat is currently on a 4-wheel trailer w/ hitch.
  • The boat is in spectacular condition because it has literally sat indoors for ~38 years. Last Reg, 1974
  • Paperwork for this 48 year-old boat is gone unfortunately.

View attachment 137444View attachment 137445View attachment 137446View attachment 137447View attachment 137448

If you're interested in buying the boat, send me a PM

Thanks Everyone!

As per Forum Rules (UPDATED Feb 2012 in red) http://forums.iboats.com/showthread.php?t=397820

8. You may not solicit any personal transaction (buy, sell, free, donate, etc.) in the forum. This includes solicitations for charitable and non-profit causes. Personal transactions arranged completely by Private Message are not affected by this rule. Solicitation by PM must be preceded by contact in the forum. Please note: threads or posts that give extensive details on anything that is for sale will be assumed to be an attempt to advertise and are subject to deletion.

medic135

Cadet

so jay im interested in your boat. i have just started a thunderbird chyenne resto and i am wondering if you have gotten any further on yours in the last few years. ha. if so post some pics i need all the ideas that i can get for how to set mine up.