1992 Wellcraft excel 18sx Owner manual

92excel

Chief Petty Officer
Does anyone know a good place to get old owner's manuals? I just bought a 1992 Wellcraft Excel 18sx that i plan to rennovate (new floor)this winter.. So this isnt the last you have heard of me!

I contacted wellscraft because i couldnt find it on their website and i contacted a few local dealers but no one has responded to me.

thanks!

oops!

Supreme Mariner
Re: 1992 Wellcraft excel 18sx Owner manual

hi......welcome to i boats !.

if you want the manual for nostalgic purposes....they can be very tough to find.....good luck.

BUT ......if your looking for some tidbit of information about the design or construction of the boat..........i boats is it.

this place is boat university....;)......just use search....or ask away :)

cheers
oops

92excel

Chief Petty Officer

Thanks Oops! I have spent the morning reading through your hull extention project.. that was pretty awesome! Got any friends in Pittsburgh? ha!

oops!

Supreme Mariner

do now....! :D

any help you need ....just ask here.....there is a lot of guys here that really know thier stuff

Robj

Lieutenant

I finished rebuilding the same boat last year. Unfortunately I ended up replacing more than just the floor, also had to do the transom and stringers.

Good luck and have a great day,

Rob.

92excel

Chief Petty Officer

I finished rebuilding the same boat last year. Unfortunately I ended up replacing more than just the floor, also had to do the transom and stringers.

Rob.

Any words of wisdom before i get started? things specific to this boat?
i wanted to increase storage under the seat up in the bow. Any thoughts or did you just rebuild the same way that it was?

Robj

Lieutenant

I rebuilt mine the same as it was originally, with a few exceptions. Here is my shareaproject for the restoration:

http://www.shareaproject.com/pages/imageDetail,p,406,i,6511,00.html

The only advice is take your time and do it right. If you have any questions, just post away and I will try and answer them as best I can.

Rob.

Tail_Gunner

Admiral

I rebuilt mine the same as it was originally, with a few exceptions. Here is my shareaproject for the restoration:

http://www.shareaproject.com/pages/imageDetail,p,406,i,6511,00.html

The only advice is take your time and do it right. If you have any questions, just post away and I will try and answer them as best I can.

Rob.

Damm nice restore Robj, looks very nice.:D It would be fun to paint that boat lots of curvy line's lines going on there...;)

92excel

Chief Petty Officer

Robj
so like you said you had to redo the transom... why did you choos to just do the middle section and not the entire thing? also i assume from the pictures you did not have to seperate the boat?

When you did the resto did you do it on the trailer or did you put in on carts. i would like to do it on the trailer.. but i am worried that it will distort its shape if i have to remove the stringers..

ill be starting mine in two weeks.. i have to wait until after i have a halloween party to start making a mess of my garage!

Robj

Lieutenant

Hello,

I was not willing to seperate the hull from the cap that is why I did it like that. The existing wood part was solid, with no signs of rot.

I have a bunk trailer and just did all the work on the trailer. I cut out one stringer at a time, installed the new one, and then did the other.

92excel

Chief Petty Officer

I also have a bunk trailer. thanks for making me more comfortable with that idea!.. did you do anything to stabablize the trailer? jacks or anything ?

Robj

Lieutenant

Nope. Just as it sat on the trailer. If you really want you can put the trailer on jackstands, but I am not sure that it is really required. If you have any more questions, just ask. If your stringer are that shot that you cannot get the measurements from them, then I can send you my measurements. I used PT ply for my stringers.

Have fun,

Rob.

fanthonyd

Recruit

I just restored this same boat as well, but the bottom boards with the slip poles on the bottom of my back to back seats were accidentally tossed out, and I am not sure how to remake them.

Does anyone have a picture or some advise?
avalon88@mac.com

92excel

Chief Petty Officer

I just restored this same boat as well, but the bottom boards with the slip poles on the bottom of my back to back seats were accidentally tossed out, and I am not sure how to remake them.

Does anyone have a picture or some advise?
avalon88@mac.com

the best images i could find for you are below.
Did you document your rebuild anywhere?

PA230076.jpg

PA230078.jpg

Silverfox323

Recruit

Hi CPO,
I must congratulate you for such a great job, furthermore you hd demonstrate your geat skills and kindness by clearly illustrating all steps of the process.