Replacing Bayliner Capri stringers/deck with pix

F14CRAZY

Ensign
Re: Replacing Bayliner Capri stringers/deck with pix

well hell, I've got a, um, boatload of 18 oz, I could just put that down on the deck

proshadetree

Lieutenant Commander

If you dont care to lay up that much resin you could.But thats just better flooring isnt it?

F14CRAZY

Ensign

it'll take a bit more resin but my deck will be really durable and sealed well

ne7800

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Looking good, nice work

F14CRAZY

Ensign

Did a lot this weekend...

-more miscellaneous grinding!

-primed the bilge, to be painted with grey bilgekote

-trimmed the cabin boxes so I can put 1 1/2'' wide strips on top of them to better support the cabin cushions

-and worked on the tow rig...new load adjusting Sensatracs on the rear but found out I have a blown coil spring, ordered new ones. And reinforced the hitch and added the trailer lighting connector BUT figured out I mounted it too low and it'll be in the water when launching/retrieving...oops this is a Bayliner thread :D

F14CRAZY

Ensign

Set the motor into place today...complicated, but I've got it in. I followed the WRONG dimensions for the front mount so I'm going to have to cut out the one I already put in, take off the primer and bilgekote, prepare it all and install another sandwiched 2x6 and piece of 1/2''.

ooops

bear_69cuda

Commander

Looking great dude!

Bummer on the motor mount! It happens!

Peace!

proshadetree

Lieutenant Commander

Sorry about the mount man but it happens.Thats why mine got waterlogged first time out.To far in it now.Plus the cubic inch v/s the high rev race still needs to happen.By the way I do still get a head start dont I?

F14CRAZY

Ensign

Tuesday's nightmare

l_ff923235726141fdacf386271add5334.jpg

I've got most the mount cut out. Would have had it out but I ran out of 24 grit wheels. My shipment of 3 more gallons came from US Composites, so work may continue...not gonna make it by the 4th, gimme an extra week or so

proshadetree

Lieutenant Commander

Throw a bucket of water on her and say you got it wet on the 4th.How you doing man?

F14CRAZY

Ensign

Did a bunch of little things this weekend...started on the wood for the engine compartment (the rear seat boxes), glassed the lower seat boxes and the deck between them, glassed the cabin floor, added some 1 1/2'' strips to the top of the cuddy cushion boxes...

I'm working as hard on it as I can and gonna shoot for seaworthiness in 8 days...

jcsercsa

Captain

Cool F14 !!! we need some pics thoe !!! lol good luck john

F14CRAZY

Ensign

Today I cleaned the grease off of the bellows (in good shape), cleaned and repainted the trim ring for that, redrilled the holes that, the rear tie down eyes and bow eye, the drain fitting, and put everything together with 5200 except the bellows (missing the screws).

F14CRAZY

Ensign

Finished up the transom bellows, primed the cabin for paint, and built and epoxy-ed the engine enclosure

l_7d9837f9fe8047b799087ad8808d1b65.jpg

l_325f7bc6b509433ea5298cb6b662d055.jpg

I had the overhead door open...I'm not sure what the illuminated gun-shape is lol

proshadetree

Lieutenant Commander

Man thats clean work.I made the front of my engine surround removable.I see you glassed it in.Now well have something to compare to.I thought it would be easier to work on the engine.8 days Wish I could say that about mine soon though soon.

88BLiner

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Looking good F14, it seems like your going to make it happen in time. I can't wait to see a picture of it on the water.

F14CRAZY

Ensign

Thanks for the good word guys. My new deadline was reset to a week after May 4th, so this Monday, but since I'll lose a day to celebrate mother's day with the family (not a bad thing, just not good for boat progress) I don't think I'll make it by Monday BUT rest assured I'm throwing all I can at it.

Not much progress today...kept getting pulled away by various other things but I made a couple of my own engineered beams that bridge the boxes in the back to hold up the jumpseats. Also put down a coat of non skid West Marine paint in the cabin; I'm gonna go from there...if it isn't too rough I'll go ahead and do the rest of the deck with it.

What can you use like 1.5 oz fabric for? I picked up a roll of it on the cheap for the floor but figured out it was too light for that so I just used the 18 oz I had. Can I use it for flat non-floor surfaces like the engine compartment? I have enough 18 oz, I think, to do everything but thought I'd ask. Or should I get some like 4-6 oz for that stuff?

proshadetree

Lieutenant Commander

you can double it and have 3 oz thats more like 6 due to resin in between.I stapled most of mine down.Then coated with resin.Just a thought.

F14CRAZY

Ensign

well I decided to skip the whole glassin everything-thing...

l_f0c53a449da74d91a8c007b8faf1eb49.jpg

coated everything, inside and out, with epoxy. probably will add another coat.

l_33a047d023504553bd484c6c4d328892.jpg

glassed the rest of the deck

l_3294e48d299640d6b08f426c4f4210d0.jpg

floor of the cabin was west marine non-skid, everything else has primer still. I was priming the sides of the cabin then forgot that it wont be painted anyway