livewell

lano42

Recruit
alright, here i go. im sixteen years old and for the summer i have bought a 14 foot boat with a 33 johnston, it runs great and everything but me and my buddys plan on doin alot of fishing this summer and i would like to build a live well, and not one out of like a cooler or something, i want to actually build this thing, im very good with my hands and can get help if needed. if anyone has any ideas on how to build a permenent livewell please let me know, any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks, landon

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: livewell

build a box, waterproof glass it to the very bottom of the boat, drill a hole thru the bottom. wa la a live well. but a cooler with aerator just as good.

oops!

Supreme Mariner

if you really want to tackel the project and really make it spiffy.....in the book called runabout renovation by jim anderson....there is a diagrame that has detailed instructions...including an areator.

congrats on buying the boat....

may i suggest you take a safe boating course....we all do....and we keep taking more referesher courses.....

have fun....be safe

jennis9

Petty Officer 1st Class

show us pics of your project when you're done too. good luck!

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Landon, welcome to the forum. we do have quite a few, teen members. fuzzywiggler, baconbiscut, bassboy1. and others.

lano42

Recruit

O. ok thanks well ya I've took the safe boating course a couple times lol. And I will deffintly take pics and post them once I get this thing done. Thanks for the help