Go Kart Boat Anybody seen this before?

fixb52s

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Go Kart Boat Anybody seen this before?

You might want to unlink that one photo. Classics.com seems anal........ :mad:

boatradioman

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I have never seen anything like that. Don't go anywhere in ocean on that just go on the bay.That would be fun to ride.

HeavyObject

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Neat boat. Need to restore that and buy this....

010112011608010300200805164ef9c4c2082cef5a9300b957.jpg

http://stcloud.craigslist.org/boa/683746901.html

joburocks

Recruit

that thing truly is awesome. But to slow to restore for putting around. Let the past be the past and make it a bullet. Unless of course its worth something. Should definately mold it and make em for the whole family, sounds fun.

ANTONIO MACHADO

Recruit

hey everyone!

Well, i picked this up on a rainy mother's day, to the chagrin of my wife....

Anybody recognize this? I've never seen one like it before, and the drive system is very unique i think.

mini1.jpg

mini2.jpg

mini5.jpg

the engine is a 6 horse evinrude fisherman. Well, what's left of it. The power head mounts down under the rear cowl, onto an aluminum heavy stock plate. Then the lower unit mounts to an aluminum plate that's 'glassed to the boat. Both plates bolt together at the hull's bottom, and steering is achieved using a rod link that turns a rudder behind it. All the cables and controls are missing sadly.

mini3.jpg

mini4.jpg

motor6.jpg

the hull is a shallow tunnel design, with small strakes.

I'm thinking i'm going to convert it to a transom mount and raise and move forward the steering wheel. Lower the seat. Make it so it can be sat in with your legs under the cap. It's 7'6" long, and 3'9" wide. Right now, you sit on it! It looks like something you'd see in an old amusement park? The power head is a 1966 and as far as i can tell, it's original to the boat.

If anyone here has seen one of these, or knows about it, chime in!

i had one. Was red !!!. Alot of fun. Sadly, my mother throw it away. If selling let me know, please !!!.