hull extension in progress with pics

Status
Not open for further replies.

oops!

Supreme Mariner
Re: hull extension in progress with picks

I have been reading this thread and it's amazing what you are doing. All of my previous fiberglassing was on sailboats and nothing this extensive. I'm learning alot. One question - with as much work as your doing on this it almost seems a pity to throw the little v6 on it. With all the gurus you've had helping you and all the attention to detail you've paid to this I can't see how you would have issues. Lastly will you be adding any sort of foam under the floor in between the stringers? Is there any foam that once exposed to any water will not become a sponge? Thanks again. I read the whole thread in two days - my wife kept asking me what the heck I was doing being so mesmerized - I told her I'd found the best reality show so far :)

Thanks
Renny

hi renny...the 4.3l is only for the water tests.....jus untill i make sure the hull is good...(doesnt turn corners on me :eek:) once the water trials are good....the 4.3l..(v6 )comes out...and a 383 stroker goes in...575 hp@6000 rpm.....that ids the only way i can see the boat doing any thing respectable on the water....

as far as the foam question....my friend "coors" calles it "water sucking foam" and he's right.......so....no foam in the boat under the deck...(floor)

however ...i agree with the need for flotation in case of swamp....so i left room in the sole (floor) for alternative methods...be that pfd's under the floor....or actual spray on foam under the top deck....the jury is still out on this subject.....however im leaning toward some of both

cheers
oops

oops!

Supreme Mariner

lets play.. how many corona cases oops has in the shop.. i found 4

1. you aint seen nuthin yet !
2. are they six packs or twelve packs?
3. when i moved out of my last shop....i got over 50 bucks in bottles !
4. i dont have as much in this shop.....

this is kinda like .....guess the jelly beans :D

oops!

Supreme Mariner

I see at least 6

ive never taken a pic of the empty cases in the corner....

i told the guys that i rent my shop from......there would allways be a beer in the cooler for them......there allways is !

cheers
oops

oops!

Supreme Mariner

i was on the boat for 4 hours tonight....im all itchy :eek:
just sanding....illl post pics tommorow after noon...(pst)

cheers
oops

oops!

Supreme Mariner

im just tryin to find the camera cord for the pics i promised......

just talked to rob j .....if the wind is not too rough....we are gonna meet on the water near pentiction to see the snow birds.....(canada's aeronautical presicison acrobatics team....like the blue angles)......any body wanna join?.....tackelwasher?

Labman

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Jeez Oops, I am getting those withdrawal symptoms again.:D
I actually had to go buy a 4port Usb Hub for all the cords ( camera,Maggellan,cell phone) that I kept losing. Now the Hub sits on my computer desk with everything plugged in. When I want to use it, I just match up the ends to the appliance and plug it in!:D:D:D

NoKlu

Senior Chief Petty Officer

OOPS! you gotta join the camera cord of the month club. They just send you a new one in the mail every month! :rolleyes:

zach103

Commander

leave it in the computer.. thats what i do .. so i never have a problem finding it..

oh and all look like 12s to me

redfury

Commander

Geez, your fairing is going as well as my mudding sheetrock in the basement ( still not done!....it's still a race to see who finishes first, me or oops! :D )

oops!

Supreme Mariner

heh heh heh....its sooooo simelar of a job.....

its just that at 320 grit....you work forever and it doesnt seem like you are geting anything accomplished

ondarvr

Supreme Mariner

I should be up there Tuesday and Wednesday of next week, you going to be ready to spray by then?

I gel coated the bottom of a 16' boat this weekend.

oops!

Supreme Mariner

hi bud !!! sorry i missed you last time.....jo jo didnt say you were in town till it was too late....she wanted to surprise me....

i sure hope so......things are kinda up in the air for me right now...but at minimum......i need your expert eyes, and i know where there is a "few sody pops" that need to be got rid of !:D

good to hear form ya!

oops!

Supreme Mariner

sorry shes posting it to photobucket now

ne7800

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Just curious what is the color sceam going to be when it's done or is it a secret :D

seaman campbell

Chief Petty Officer

Just curious what is the color sceam going to be when it's done or is it a secret :D

ummm. it's a theme and is/was lol, top secret, many many clues through out the thread.

TC

Status
Not open for further replies.