hull extension in progress with pics

Status
Not open for further replies.

oops!

Supreme Mariner
Re: hull extension in progress with picks

Here in FL they treat drunk boating just lke drunk driving.
Court, jail time, loose your boat, fines etc.etc.

to many deadly accidents with boats and pwc, drunk skippers so they really started cracking down.

sorry to hear about having to move from the rented location oops

I will volunteer to store the corona's for you, no charge, of course they will be hot by time they clear customs:)

im gonna need a cancun vacation pretty soon......can i just drop them at your door as i fly over?.....

:D :D

i dont boat drunk...but i do have a beer on the boat....(tho sometimes on a really hot afternoon)

im gonna have to read up on rob j's post...very interesting.....

i had read there had to be a head in the boat.....ie...like living quarters......in order to keep beer on the bote.

i was gonna make a spcecial hole under the back bench seat with a curtain around it, as a makeshift head...put a porta potty there.....so i would be legal....
the back bench seats will fold out into a king sized bed.

rob ...can you let me know where you saw that info.......?

im keeping the theme of my boat under my hat.... rob you...and noklu are the only ones that know what the theme is.......(im saving it as an i boats suprize).....so rob...as you can imagine....i might attract the wrong kind of attention to the craft. and this particular section of the rules particularly intersts me.

cheers
oops

Last edited:

erikgreen

Captain

im keeping the theme of my boat under my hat.... rob you...and noklu are the only ones that know what the theme is.......(im saving it as an i boats suprize).....so rob...as you can imagine....i might attract the wrong kind of attention to the craft. and this particular section of the rules particularly intersts me.

cheers
oops

I'm personally hoping the theme will be "topless waterskiing" and there will be lots of pics of the shakedown cruise :)

oops!

Supreme Mariner

I'm personally hoping the theme will be "topless waterskiing" and there will be lots of pics of the shakedown cruise :)

you got it erik !!!!!....but my buddies are all football players....!!!!

ok.... ill get em to bring their girls....(there will be enough room now!)

im back on it tonight at 6pm.....im gonna cut and bed the first stringer and make the rest....(if i can get help).....i cant place the 24 foot stringer in the boat my self.....

im starting to get excited again....its getting close to deck time.

Robj

Lieutenant

I will try and find that article, it was in a Canadian boating magazine last year. The same rules apply as if you are driving a car, impaired charges etc. But apparently in a boat you can have open liquor and even drink, as long as you are under the limit of 0.08 and are not impaired. Having said that, I know the OK Mounties will find something else to hassle you with if they want. I won't get into it further maybe this is something for another post.

Have a great day,

Rob.

oops!

Supreme Mariner

I know the OK Mounties will find something else to hassle you with if they want. I won't get into it further maybe this is something for another post.

Have a great day,

Rob.

i try to be as nice to our cops as i can be.......but man ...sometimes.....

you catch them in a bad mood and lookout !......im kinda thinking ill see more than my fair share inspections........

especally if i get thoes topless girls erik wants! ......i just gotta figguer out what to do with my gal when thats goin on!

jcsercsa

Captain

but we dont need to see ooops topless !!!! John

redfury

Commander

i really mad a myself for not going to work on it today... but an oz of prevention......

Hey, better to wait than to lose even more time on the boat, right?

I just found out today that I have a lung infection. Certainly would explain the last 5 days of fatigue, fever, and horrible pain in my chest when I cough! I should have gone in earlier, but I'm too damn stubborn, and then when I get to the docs, I end up having an anxiety attack and had to do the whole breath in a paper bag thing to calm me down...sheesh! I just want to get back to work, but it looks like no sooner than next Tuesday for me. Get healthy man!

oops!

Supreme Mariner

same to you red....lung infections are not fun...in fact ...about as much fun as laying in the ditch and sticking pins in yer eyes.......this breathing glass dust doesnt help...!!!

but the step im at now....i'll prob only have to do an hour or two of grinding at a time :)

its 5 pm here...one hour more and i get to go work on it....imagine counting down the hours till work! :eek:

oops!

Supreme Mariner

with all the exictment of me getting on the bote......i had to do a delevery...and i didnt get on it till 8:30 !

my buddie called and said he couldnt make it...so i had to try to get the 24 foot stringer in the boat myself.....didnt work....so i just putzed around on it....till 2:00 am......more updates tommorow

cheers
oops

jcsercsa

Captain

OHHH man I will be right there !!!! wish I could ooops !!! John

Coors

Captain

Hey, better to wait than to lose even more time on the boat, right?

I just found out today that I have a lung infection. Certainly would explain the last 5 days of fatigue, fever, and horrible pain in my chest when I cough! I should have gone in earlier, but I'm too damn stubborn, and then when I get to the docs, I end up having an anxiety attack and had to do the whole breath in a paper bag thing to calm me down...sheesh! I just want to get back to work, but it looks like no sooner than next Tuesday for me. Get healthy man!

If it's the flu; I'm still hacking crap up after 4 weeks.

oops!

Supreme Mariner

my buddie just got here......that means its stringer time....yee haa !! finally.....ok updates comin tonight....lap joining ply and post and scribe etching of the stringers.......

(scribing the hull form for stringers with out a template.)

man....finally !

cheers
oops

drewmitch44

Lieutenant Commander

Where's the update? Im interested to see how it goes.

jcsercsa

Captain

How you doing OOOPs ?? John

erikgreen

Captain

my buddie just got here......that means its stringer time....yee haa !! finally.....ok updates comin tonight....lap joining ply and post and scribe etching of the stringers.......

(scribing the hull form for stringers with out a template.)

man....finally !

cheers
oops

Woohoo! Update soon!

I'm making progress on mine too, finally got another camera (left mine at Mom's during easter). I'll update soon too.

Erik

wavrider

Chief Petty Officer

especally if i get thoes topless girls erik wants! ......i just gotta figguer out what to do with my gal when thats goin on![/QUOTE]

that is when you send the girlfriend to the beer store for more corona's, and cig's, and BBQ, and back to the house to get the cooler you forgot to put in the boat, and feed the dog,etc..etc..

oops!

Supreme Mariner

tee hee....you for got "cut the grass"

ok....got the up date.....it takes me about an hour to build them...i think i got two or three.....

Sprockett

Seaman Apprentice

Well hurry up oops!!

This is the most fascinating thread I've seen in a while, I'm hooked now...

Don't leave me jonesing pal!!! :p

-Paul-

oops!

Supreme Mariner

sorry bud...coustomers keep walking in.......its all downloaded and re sized...wont be long

oops!

Supreme Mariner

the next step is to make the stringers.......

im using 3/4 inch pressure treated plywood.

they dont make 24 foot long plywood.....(that i can get my hands on)....

so i needed to lap joint the ply ......

the well dryed plywood was cut into 20 inch wide lengths.......

5 inches of joint was all i needed......so i set the cirk saw at half the depth of a peice of ply and cut.......

picgroup22071.jpg

after the inital cut......with the hammer and chisel...i chiseled away half of the ply.....

picgroup22072.jpg

you can get really picky about making the joint perfect...perfect chizeling job....sand.....forget it....its just gonna get glassed anyhow...so just make sure you have good enough contact to get a bond with the pl......

this was done to another peice of ply as well.......pl 9000 was used to glue the two peices togeather...then screwed as well......(i had a pic of this...but it didnt turn out) (ill get another one tonight)

all three main stringers were done with a lap joint

Status
Not open for further replies.