Product question

SgtMaj

Lieutenant Commander

BillP

Captain
Re: Product question

Yes it has a drain hole...with a nipple to attach a drain hose.

bp

SgtMaj

Lieutenant Commander

In that case, does anyone know of a 3 1/2 inch wide (including flange) cup holder that does not have drainage holes?

a70eliminator

Captain

I'm curious what is it about the drainage holes, what are you trying to accomplish, a rain guage? just funning with ya. I am curious though.

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

if you don't want drain hole, put a little jb weld in them. i can imagine a cold soda etc sweating in there and the puddle it would make. the mildew that would grow.

wbeaton

Commander

I have a feeling you don't actually want this as a cup holder. I'd suggest plugging the hole with something (JB Weld, stainless bolt, marine goop, etc.). Otherwise, check out some camping stores. I have a stainless camp cup that looks very similar except the lip is a little smaller. What are you building?

SgtMaj

Lieutenant Commander

Well, sometimes they will be used as drink holders... other times they will be used to hold fishing worms. I don't really want them crawling through the holes, and whatever plugs the holes will have to be dishwasher safe because I plan to leave the cupholders loose so I can just pop them out and clean em up between outings.

drewmitch44

Lieutenant Commander

I love that allstate ad. I want to get it as my desktop wallpaper so that i can see it when im not on iboats. I want to see it all the time. I want to get a model of it made out of cardboard or something and hang it on the bill of my favorate baseball cap so i can see it all day as im walking around.

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

drew what does this have to do with cup holders?

seal it up with jb weld. or just put a bolt and nut in the hole.

SgtMaj

Lieutenant Commander

This is an old thread, but I finally found a solution and thought I would share it for anyone else that might be in the same predicament and searching the archives and reading this thread.

The cup holders I found that did not have a drainage hole in them were poker table cup holders. I got a set of 10 from ebay for about $25 after shipping and they just arrived in the mail today. They are a bit shallower and not quite as wide, but they fit a standard soda can or plastic 20oz bottle ok. Oh, and they are stainless steel, so they'll be great for corrosion resistance.