Marine panel fuse holder replacements

brown bombuh

Cadet
i'm trying to get a 78 glastron ssv back in the water, and one of the problems I still have left to sort out is replacing the broken fuse holders on the instrument panel.

These are the square 'press to release' glass tube fuse type holders. WHen I first hooked up a battery, none of the electric systems had power. after spraying the panel with contact cleaner, the circuits began to show life again.

However, several of the fuse holders broke off their small metal retaining clips when removed for more thorough cleaning.

I looked for these type fuse holders in the local marina and online and have had no luck.

I could add a new auto parts store replacement fuse box using blade type fuses, but would prefer to just get new holders if they are available. Does anyone know a source?

JasonJ

Rear Admiral
Re: Marine panel fuse holder replacements

Get rid of that mess and get a circuit breaker switch panel. You have each circuit with a switch and a breaker right next to it. A short occures, you fix the problem, and push the circuit breaker button and your done with it. Much more tidy and user friendly, and you can get different size panels. I paid something like $40 for my six switch panel, and I'll never have to think about corroded fuse holders again...