Deck covering idea

gjm27n

Cadet
In the past, I always laid new outdoor carpet on the floor when restoring. Did something dangerous (started thinking). Has anyone used truck bed liner spray for their floor. I've sprayed the liners in my trucks over the years and think it makes sense.
1. it seals and waterproofs.
2. Very easy to apply even on complex shapes.
3. Can get in almost any color (I'm going white).
4. Easy to clean.
5. Pebbles surface isn't slippery when wet.
6. Soft enough to walk on barefoot.
7. I think it would look good.
8. Easy to spot repair.

I'm interested as well. What kind of liner have you been using? I've done a few self-applied bedliner products over the years, but none seemed soft enough to walk on while barefoot (though I can't say I've tried it). Rhino lining seems like it would be a decent floor covering, but that's not something you can get OTC to do yourself. I ask because I haven't done a bedliner in a few years, so if they've improved, I'd like to hear what brand(s) you are familiar with and thinking about using.

gjm27n

Cadet
I'm interested as well. What kind of liner have you been using? I've done a few self-applied bedliner products over the years, but none seemed soft enough to walk on while barefoot (though I can't say I've tried it). Rhino lining seems like it would be a decent floor covering, but that's not something you can get OTC to do yourself. I ask because I haven't done a bedliner in a few years, so if they've improved, I'd like to hear what brand(s) you are familiar with and thinking about using.

I've used Rhino lining in the past and did buy it OTC in California. Looking at a product called TRex on eBay now and will order that this week. The Rhino was pebbled and soft enough for bare feet and very easy to apply.

I just checked out the T-Rex stuff from Speedokote. Looks interesting. I'm nowhere near the deck finishing stage on my project, so keep us informed about how you like it. I looked up Rhino linings again, and can't get anyone to sell it to me for a DIY self install. All the places near me are installers only; no OTC.

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
Line-X of Sarasota Florida developed the XS-650 marine version of the popular Line-X spray in bed liner.

its used on many sport fishing boats on the Gulf Coast of florida

https://sarasotalinex.com/