Invader V197 Rebuild to Dream Fishing Boat

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Invader V197 Rebuild to Dream Fishing Boat

Hi guys this is my 1st time posting here. This is a bit of a crazy story so Strap on those seat belts its a crazy ride .
    Okay its started with my 2nd diagnoses of Hodgskins Lymphoma Blood cancer coming upon 2 years ago now
    and this time it wasn't good (but what cancer diagnoses is) Ive been sick half my life but this time it was a different story,
    i was Told i was stage four and wouldn't see my next birthday =( and if i started treatment ASAP i had a 20% chance to beat it and live.
    Well long story short im a stubborn SOB that never gives up and took it as a challenge to prove them wrong . I opted out of the chemo, radiation and bone marrow transplant to fight naturally (as i feel that being my 2nd battle and also having type 1 diabetes it would be a painful death) Drs said theres nothing more they can do for me and sent me home on Hospice at 39 years ..... To say the least i needed to clear my head and try to be positive, Dec 26th 2013 i quit my job and took on my 1st battle but used fishing and metal detecting as my escape and as a 5 year anniversary of detecting i sold my finds of value and bought my 1st real (Non Dinghy) Fishing Boat . I was told by the seller it was water ready and had no issues and took his word and gave him $2600 for a boat that i can fish from asap (as i have no time to waste). Well the next day i dropped her in the bay ready for a day of learning my new boat and fun in the sun =) =) =). Well jokes on me cause she almost sank at the dock =( The transom was so rotten the Outboard had separated from the transom about 1/4 of a inch and was taking on water faster then the bilge pump could pump it out =( =( =( i tried to call the guy to ask advice but he had blocked me, i tried to hit him up on offerup and he had removed his offerup page as well=( so i feared the worst and i got taken . I went home and the boat sat for about 6 moths til i could find a place to move where i could keep her and work on her . I tore her transom out and replaced it with Coosa but found the rear stringers and bulkhead were also bad =( both swim platform transoms were bad and the floor had soft spots . I took all the rotten wood and soaked flotation foam out and inspected the original fuel tank for leaks (as i smelled fuel bad) . The tank was just about to fail, It was full but had many bad spots along the sides, they used carpet as insulation for the tank in the factory Hahahahaha . I dropped a new tank in . Dropped in half inch marine grade plywood glassed over top and bottom twice and new rear stringers rear bulkhead and floor supports . I've patched all the holes on the back of the boat, Removed the spedo deal and put in a GPS Spedo and got a non organic block thing to mount my new transducer too, so except for the swim platforms there will be no holes on her transom . I installed new electronics like a stereo - dvd player, tv, usb and aux ports Gps spedo Fish Finder Solor Pannel and water proof charge controller for battery maintance. I put in new cabin cushions i had to modify to fit but blah blah i could go on and on on what ive done but i hope to be on the water by may 9th my 40th birthday 2 years i wasnt supposed to get so this summer if you see me and Jenny on the water out of HB say Hello i also have a popular Youtube channel Metal Detecting and Fishing with Romy . so say hello there to . i have a bit more to go til shes done and i can drop her engine back in but im close and hope to make my birthday deadline . Love this form and all i have learned her as i have never done anything like this before . Thanks for any and all advice and support and My prayers go out to you all at these very Trying times .

i have a million pics and vids of the rebuild but the site wont let me post them =(

Comment

when i 1st got her
      Attached Files

Comment

it will only let me upload 4 pics ? IDK i guess cause im new =( i made a post on Bloody decks forum if yall want to see them i guess .

Comment

https://www.bdoutdoors.com/forums/th...m-boat.741411/

Comment

Looks like it about whoooped now. looks like it is ready.
            Dance with the waves,
            move with the sea.
            Let the rhythm of the water
            set your soul free.

1987 Four Winns 170 Horizon.

Comment

Working...
            X