2000 crestliner sportfish livewell upgrade.

57sailplane

Seaman Apprentice
Hi guys.

after rebuilding a 1988 blue fin and moding it the way i want and fishing the heck out of it for the past six years i got the itch to get a bigger and newer boat.

i got a 2000 crestliner sportfish 1850 on an auction for a pretty good price. The boat is pretty good shape better then average.

the one thing i don't like is the small livewell compared to the new boats. its got a 17 gallon tank that is real shallow in the rear deck. its smaller then the one that is in my blue fin so it just wont due.

i want to upgrade it like the newer boats and have the tank go across.. here is a picture. the black is were i want to put a new tank.

to do this i will need to remove the front panel as it is folded inward at the bottem for your toes to go under. i will replace it without the tuck under with a straight up an down piece. the panel is welded were the red lines are to the outer panels and the stringers on the bottom.

i have a few questions that hopefully someone can answer. first i dont think this is a structural piece to strengthen the boat hull as it is not welded to the side of the boat i think it is just floor support. if it is however structural do you think it would be strong enough if i just riveted or bolted the new piece back in without the fold. second is the fome insulation flamable and will it handle a little sparks if wet as i will need to cut or grind near the welds.

Attachments

• photo325674.jpg
    photo325674.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 4

Bondo

Staff member
second is the fome insulation flamable and will it handle a little sparks if wet as i will need to cut or grind near the welds.

Ayuh,...... Aluminum don't spark,.......