Finding New Dash Panels

hornerdc

Banned
fetch

Folks, im trying to find replacement dash panels, pictured above for my 1999 Chris Craft 230 SD. Can anyone assist on where to find replacements. Thanks

zool

Captain
Welcome to Iboats Horner,

Whats wrong with the ones you have?

fishrdan

Admiral
Try e-bay or Great Lakes Skipper.

If the panels are just sun faded and not cracked, painting them with plastic paint will get them looking OK again. I painted a couple "hard" plastic items on my boat with plastic paint, and it''s held up great for 8-10 years. Paint is "stuck" and not chipping or flaking, still nice and shiny.

Bondo

Staff member
Folks, im trying to find replacement dash panels, pictured above for my 1999 Chris Craft 230 SD. Can anyone assist on where to find replacements. Thanks

Ayuh,..... Welcome Aboard,..... Most of us, build our own,.....

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
I'm not sure if you found my photo through google or if you actually located my repair thread on dash restoration but here it is below.

Color me suspicious, Augoose.

We've had several instances of new members copy and pasting other member's posts and starting a new thread with the C&P text for some reason. BTW - These are all ex-members now after investigation.

The fact that he used your pic and claimed it was his fits the scheme of using another member's post or in this case your photo.

We have another ex-member. If you had not replied to this thread, he may have gotten away with it. This may seem harsh, but the forum has had too enough trouble lately!

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Augoose has the real thread. Click his link in post #4. Pretty ingenious using a vinyl wrap and looks good. It's old, but maybe Augoose will update how it's holding up after 6 years.

gm280

Supreme Mariner
I have built every panel in my boat and it is amazingly easy and you can design the panels however you like and in any color and.or texture you wish. I use a program called VISIO Pro to do my designs. But whatever program you have on your computer can be easily used. A simple supplied mere Paint type computer program will work.

A few things to remember designing any panel. And that is it is easy to place switches lights and meters or whatever you wish on the panels and make them look amazing, but you also have to make sure the back-side of the panel has the space for those items. A typical switch is a mere small spot opening on the front side of a panel, but it takes a lot more room on the back side.

Once you get your design laid out with the nomenclature or labels, then save it and take it to most any trophy shop around where you live and they can make it in any color or texture you like. It is that easy and limitless as well.

Here is my progression in pictures; The first three are the program design, the final on the computer and the first constructed panel. Likewise the fourth through the sixth is the same process. I like the brushed aluminum layout and that is what I picked for my panels. Hope this helps...

Attachments

• Front Helm Panel-2.jpg
    Front Helm Panel-2.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 0
  • Front Helm Panel-1.jpg
    Front Helm Panel-1.jpg
    175.7 KB · Views: 0
  • Front Meter Panel-2.jpg
    Front Meter Panel-2.jpg
    109.3 KB · Views: 0
  • Front Meter Panel-1.jpg
    Front Meter Panel-1.jpg
    315.1 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0310.JPG
    IMG_0310.JPG
    86.1 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0433.JPG
    IMG_0433.JPG
    77.7 KB · Views: 0

Augoose

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Hey guys,
very interesting about the copying and pasting other posts - not sure what the intent was - supposedly some sort of scam? I was initially assuming they just happened along it via a google search and just used the image instead of posting their own as part of a real problem- I posted my original link in an effort to assist. Who knows what's really going on.

The vinyl wrap has been holding up extremely well, as have the smaller labeling and words. It does sit under a cover and out of the sun though when not on the water. I'd say the gloss and finish is the exact same as it was right after it was done. I'm very happy with it and would definitely consider doing the same thing again with another boat.
GM280 - those look great!