1963 Boston wailer 13 footer

mickyryan

Rear Admiral
i have been sick with flu since last friday .... yep even got a flue shot when they did the chest work on me but here i am , been trying to stay in bed as much as possible to get over this quickly since coughing hurts the chest so much :)
That said , i tore the power head down and sadly the top cyl has a crack between sleeve and aluminum , so now i need a powerhead for the longshaft lower, lol such is life! i contemplated just finding a different outboard and going that direction but im already a ways into this so figure ill find a powerhead and keep going with yamaha, unless a really good deal comes along ....

oldrem

Commander
Whatever flu is going around here is also a strain not covered by the shot. I was down 7 days in spite of the shot

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
I have a few co-workers and a few friends that have been down with the flu. many have traveled and brought it back in the flying petri dishes that are known as commercial airplanes

mickyryan

Rear Admiral
well i had a lead on a 40 hp powerhead but she sold it on me before i could drive over and pickup so now im looking at just getting a block and rebuilding the thing with a clean block , might be fun !

mickyryan

Rear Admiral
so new twist found 2 35 hp mercs they weigh 171 over the yamaha 40 weighing at 200+ so figure the 5 less hp wont hurt with weight savings on this 13 footer, now i just need to go through them and make one good one out of the two :) still getting a powerhead for the 40 but figure that will be a spare i can take my time with and rebuild over time.

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
FWIW..... my bud's 13' whaler with a 40hp merc flew........ to the point you spilled your beverage.

35hp will be more than ample to get in trouble.

mickyryan

Rear Admiral
i have had a serious lack of energy the last 3 weeks from this cold , i need to press on its frustrating me I've had a lack of progress for 3 weeks , even if i was sick!

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner
Hey Mick, I was happy to see you were nominated for SOTY. So WELL Deserved. Hope to be on the forum a bit more often.