Tracker Hull Smashed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tattooed_Nurse

Recruit
Not even a month ago we bought a 2017 tracker 195 tournament edition.
today while running 25 mph in a shipping channel our keel smashed in.
We didn’t knowingly hit anything, but it’s possible. We were running on plane with waves on the river around 1 ft high.

any guesses on cost of repair? Or if it’s even able to be repaired.
Insurance isn’t open until Monday for a claim.

Attachments

• photo322845.jpg
    photo322845.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 3

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Welcome aboard.

Back and take some more pics. One close up pic makes it impossible to make any kind of judgement.

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
stand back about 10 feet from where you took that pic and take some more

you hit somehing hard

my guess, on repair, about 1 BOAT unit.

Tattooed_Nurse

Recruit
To reply to the comments stating we hit something hard... we didn’t. The biggest thing we hit was a one foot wave. Unfortunately I can’t take any better photos from the angle of the hit in regards to where it’s trailered.

the damage is directly even on both sides of the bottom of the boat. Roughly 12 inches long, 2 inches wide.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Well then that wave was an iceberg.

A wave didn't do that. I've hit waterlogged logs lurking below the surface and never saw one any of them before the hit and seldom afterwards.

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
To reply to the comments stating we hit something hard... we didn’t. The biggest thing we hit was a one foot wave. Unfortunately I can’t take any better photos from the angle of the hit in regards to where it’s trailered.

the damage is directly even on both sides of the bottom of the boat. Roughly 12 inches long, 2 inches wide.

the damage says you hit something hard.

there is no way that boat hit only a wave. PERIOD.

Having been in an aluminum boat that collided with a submerged rock at 20mph, I can tell you to make that dent, you would have felt it, and you would have spilled your beer.

mickyryan

Rear Admiral
id say if you didn't feel the hit , you weren't riding in it to do that kinda damage , im figuring it woulda been abrupt sobering moment, could something on the highway hit it while you were towing home?

JDH-GL

Seaman Apprentice
Looks like this boat fell on something, maybe after climbing a wave? It doesn't appear to be a strike where the boat was moving forward at any significant speed. A submerged boulder or submerged dock post could do that if the bow fell several feet down onto it. Not likely a boulder because then the outboard might have hit it too.

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
In any event post some more pics like said above. That will help to begin possible repairs. :blue:
Check your prop. Hopefully not like this.

upload_2019-11-21_19-8-16-png.76388

Last edited:

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
So who sails this boat?
Phewwww….now the pic shows up on prior thread.
Then I keep getting the freaking blurp "Buy from Us." on while I try to maneuver the site.

Last edited:

mickyryan

Rear Admiral
Looks like this boat fell on something, maybe after climbing a wave? It doesn't appear to be a strike where the boat was moving forward at any significant speed. A submerged boulder or submerged dock post could do that if the bow fell several feet down onto it. Not likely a boulder because then the outboard might have hit it too.

that's why i figured a blown tire could have hit it traveling down the road or something because that much damage 1 you would have felt moving , and there aren't any scratches downrange

mickyryan

Rear Admiral
ohh kinda looks like roller damage like if you were going quick and hit the trailer but idont know you would have had been moving to do that kinda damage id think

appleo

Petty Officer 1st Class
Hmm. paint damage and removal indicates impact with object of hardness .
as well the impact creases in hull 12 inches above indicate point of impact on keel bottom

If first noticed when loaded onto trailer. could have happened anytime prior

1. When loaded. driven into trailer frame roller our bunk
2. When launched. dropped or dragged on concrete ramp

The other possible explanation is hull was damaged prior owner. Repaired smoothed and painted. Redamaged by your 1 foot waves at 40 mph

Bad place for a repair. will never be right imo

good luck. keep us posted

Status
Not open for further replies.