X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slayze
    started a topic Floor replacement.

Floor replacement.

So I am taking on a project that I know some of you will think I would be better off getting rid of and buying a newer boat, but i like putting in the work. It makes it that much more enjoyable once it's done. I picked up an 85 bayliner capri 18' at some point someone half *** patched the floor. Over time it worsened. I have been a big car guy over the years. Done body work/painted for 15 years. Never done a floor on a boat though. Anyway I started ripping out the old wood. My question is what is the best way to get the panels out from where the steering wheel is and on the opposite side? Once panels are out dies the upper part just hang there?

• racerone
    replied
    Was there not another name for those entry level Bayliners,--------AKA ----" Paperliners "------A shame that they allow these shoddy boats on the market.------Very few standards on boats and RV / Motorhomes as far as construction material.

Leave a comment:

• kcassells
    replied
    Just double post here too. Lots of guys here like to see whats going on or know how to fix. More post more info more answers!

Leave a comment:

• Slayze
    replied
    I was able to get the stern drive off. It wasnt to bad at all. Kinda proud of myself for getting it done lol. Now just have to look into getting the rest of it out. I will post in the correct section for that. I will however post some more pics here of it coming out just to keep.it all together.

Leave a comment:

• Bondo
    replied
    Originally posted by Slayze View Post
    I want to gather more info on removing the stern drive. Should I start another thread in a different section for that or keep the info on the rebuild with this post? Also can someone tell me what drive this is?
    Ayuh,...... Post up the pictures, 'n yer motor/ drive questions in the Volvo I/O forum,......

Leave a comment:

• Slayze
    replied
    It's a volvo penta AQ125A I seen a few posts saying AQ125A with 270 , but not sure how to tell if that is what I have. Just trying to look at posts and videos to see what it takes to get it off. Any help with a link to walkthroughs that would be for this drive?

Leave a comment:

• matt167
    replied
    That is an older Volvo "AQ" drive. That's about all that stands out by looking at the leg/ transom assembly. A Mercruiser is more forgiving, but it's not an OMC Stringer drive which is good.

Leave a comment:

• Slayze
    replied
    I want to gather more info on removing the stern drive. Should I start another thread in a different section for that or keep the info on the rebuild with this post? Also can someone tell me what drive this is?

Leave a comment:

• Slayze
    replied
    That's about what I have done so far.

Leave a comment:

• Slayze
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Slayze
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Slayze
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Slayze
    replied
    I can't believe the person I got it from was actually using the boat still. Thanks for the positive replies. Now to research on how to get this motor out lol.

Leave a comment:

• steve_h7
    replied
    Originally posted by Slayze View Post
    So upon further inspection the transom will need replaced/fixed. So I will do that as well at some point.
    I also hoped that my transom was spared even though my floor and stringers were mush. A lot of the first part that I chiseled was actually pretty dry I wondered if I'd wish I hadn't started the process... but the other half, and mostly the inner center towards the outer hull, was wet and rotted. You won't be sorry that since you've gone to all the trouble to replace the other wood in the boat, you know the transom is new as well.

Leave a comment:

• kcassells
    replied
    Yes yes...it's the right thing to do. Cool!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X