• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Comment

Comment

That's about what I have done so far.

Comment

I want to gather more info on removing the stern drive. Should I start another thread in a different section for that or keep the info on the rebuild with this post? Also can someone tell me what drive this is?

Comment

That is an older Volvo "AQ" drive. That's about all that stands out by looking at the leg/ transom assembly. A Mercruiser is more forgiving, but it's not an OMC Stringer drive which is good.
              1961 Custom Craft Sea Ray- 1964 Mercury 650. In family since new.

Comment

It's a volvo penta AQ125A I seen a few posts saying AQ125A with 270 , but not sure how to tell if that is what I have. Just trying to look at posts and videos to see what it takes to get it off. Any help with a link to walkthroughs that would be for this drive?

Comment

Originally posted by Slayze View Post
                  I want to gather more info on removing the stern drive. Should I start another thread in a different section for that or keep the info on the rebuild with this post? Also can someone tell me what drive this is?
                  Ayuh,...... Post up the pictures, 'n yer motor/ drive questions in the Volvo I/O forum,......

Comment

I was able to get the stern drive off. It wasnt to bad at all. Kinda proud of myself for getting it done lol. Now just have to look into getting the rest of it out. I will post in the correct section for that. I will however post some more pics here of it coming out just to keep.it all together.

Comment

Just double post here too. Lots of guys here like to see whats going on or know how to fix. More post more info more answers!
                      Most times I'm wrong, Most times I stand corrected..But...Sometimes I'm right.
                      1983 SportCraft Deep V OSFF 222 Cuddy Rehab
                      https://forums.iboats.com/forum/boat-...ddy-walkaround
                      https://forums.iboats.com/forum/engin...-new-fuel-pump
                      www.flotationfoamsolutions.com

Comment

Was there not another name for those entry level Bayliners,--------AKA ----" Paperliners "------A shame that they allow these shoddy boats on the market.------Very few standards on boats and RV / Motorhomes as far as construction material.

Comment

Working...
                        X