1986 1600 bayliner cuddy capri

David Hard

Cadet
so the guy down the block was getting rid of this boat i did some resurch on the boat it turned out to be an 86 1600 bayliner capri cuddy. so far i have cleaned the boat and taken the seats out there is no enging but its an out board. i have to replace the floors in it and few other things. great project so far. think im going to name her the deep 86....its a working name..... any way does any one know there value and what is best to replace the floor and carpet. also what type of engin should i be looking for i was thinking a force 85. any info or tips to makeing her sea worhty again let me know looking for tips to restore the boat

southkogs

Staff member
Welcome aboard. I moved you over to the restoration forum.

I'm going to assume the boat is in pretty rough shape, and you've got a lot of work ahead of you. You asked about value, and to be honest - if an '86 Bayliner Cuddy was in mint condition with a working outboard, it'd be worth a couple thousand bucks. It'll cost you three times that to put this one together I'm assuming.

Get some pictures up, and then do a gut check after the crowd chimes in.

David Hard

Cadet
damn that bad huh? it needs a deck and some love a motor and controlls but she is mine after i get a title from the dmv lol. i know theres work ahead of me but it keeps me sain ill try to take and post some pics i have videos on face book