'72 riviera open bow open floor repair

Eoughphilly

Cadet
Hello all,

I am new to iboats, have been spending countless hours reading posts researching hull repair, deck replacemen, transom replacement, and in general fiberglass boat repair. I have had this boat for 5 years now, the first 2 years I spent mostly fishing on it until I noticed one day when up on plane the stringers had seperated from the hull in the stern. I removed the floor and did a repair job on the stringers and put in a new section of floor in the rear. Towards the end after a breakup I never finished it fully not sealing it and 3 years later have now removed the rotten wood. The stringers seem to still be in good shape and I feel that the transom is still solid. I was hoping to get some opinions on this boat if I should attempt to rebuild it, partially rebuild it, or fully rebuild it. I don't have much money to spend otherwise I would just buy a new boat. Attached are some photos of what I'm working with. It's nothing pretty but it floats...lol. I figure over the coarse of a year and about $2000 should make it a little better.

Attachments

• photo316798.jpg
    photo316798.jpg
    719.3 KB · Views: 0
  • photo316799.jpg
    photo316799.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
  • photo316800.jpg
    photo316800.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
  • photo316801.jpg
    photo316801.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0

Grub54891

Vice Admiral
The transom has been hacked to fit that outboard. A total rebuild can fix that, and make it look better also.

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner
Lots of Work and $$ will be needed to make her seaworthy. It's your decision as to whether or not you want to make these two investments.