'89 BL capri cuddy cabin resto

Razx6r

Cadet
Hey all! My name is Al. I'm new here and just picked up my first boat. It's an 89 Capri cuddy cabin with a force 85. I'm also new to boat restoration. I knew the floor was rotten, but as I started to rip and tear it's worse than I thought. So, I hope I can come on here and ask questions when I get hung up. I've also been reading a lot of things on here so far and I guess I may have bit off more than I can chew. I'm figuring that I won't be on the water this summer but next summer so I have time to do this right. Anyway, it's great to meet you all and I'll update when I can. Later on

Scherfz1

Petty Officer 1st Class
Hey all! My name is Al. I'm new here and just picked up my first boat. It's an 89 Capri cuddy cabin with a force 85. I'm also new to boat restoration. I knew the floor was rotten, but as I started to rip and tear it's worse than I thought. So, I hope I can come on here and ask questions when I get hung up. I've also been reading a lot of things on here so far and I guess I may have bit off more than I can chew. I'm figuring that I won't be on the water this summer but next summer so I have time to do this right. Anyway, it's great to meet you all and I'll update when I can. Later on

welcome! and its not hard man, thank god for everyone here. and its an 80's model bayliner, they are all rotted out from my understanding and experience so far!

Razx6r

Cadet
So, after finally a break in the heat, I was able to start gutting the boat out.... This being my first rebuild all I gotta say is, holy rotted wood, holy Styrofoam ( some was so soaked that a 1' by 1' section weighed like 10 pounds). I tapped on the transom and it seems solid. Probably know more after I rip and tear some more. Oh, and 2 noobie mistakes. Two 3 to 4 inch sawzall slices through the hull.... Oh well, it's a good learning experience anyways.