Ski locker floor

Krakn

Cadet
I am in the process of replacing the ski locker panels on my 1995 Sea Ray 195BR. Do i just use pressure treated lumber? or do i use a specific type of wood. Please dont bash me to much as boats in general are pretty new to me.
I have already bought the carpet and hardware just not sure on the wood.
Thank you in advance

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner
No Bashing here!!! Welcome to iBoats. Have you done a thorough inspection of the rest of the boat? Any soft spots in the deck? She's 24 years old and most boats this age have some major issues. To answer your question, I'd recommend douglas fir or Exterior grade plywood. Fiberglass sometimes has issues adhering well to PT wood.

Krakn

Cadet
No Bashing here!!! Welcome to iBoats. Have you done a thorough inspection of the rest of the boat? Any soft spots in the deck? She's 24 years old and most boats this age have some major issues. To answer your question, I'd recommend douglas fir or Exterior grade plywood. Fiberglass sometimes has issues adhering well to PT wood.

thank you for the information
The ski locker doors are soft and the wood wall in front of the engine is soft. the sun deck has some rips in the vinyl and i can feel the corners of the wood are soft so that will be a winter project.