1958 MFG Erie windshield

WimJall

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Looking to find a replacement windshield for my 1958 MFG Erie. The windshield is rather difficult to see through due to all the stress cracks. Where's a good place to find a replacement? New or Used.

Attachments

• photo314598.jpg
    photo314598.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 0

TommyRocker

Seaman
Upd plastics may have it but that's $$. Since you have the original you can very easily make a template from poster board and cut your own from 1/8 inch lexan/polycarbonate available at most home improvement stores. It doesn't require special tools or heat, just bend it into your existing frame.

WimJall

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Upd plastics may have it but that's $$. Since you have the original you can very easily make a template from poster board and cut your own from 1/8 inch lexan/polycarbonate available at most home improvement stores. It doesn't require special tools or heat, just bend it into your existing frame.

I've put that to thought, except mine doesn't have an actual frame. Its just a rubber strip that goes around the glass. Thanks for the tip though.

BillP

Captain
That's probably a Water Bonnet brand. If so it will be etched on the shied. A place in Miami has reproductions of many old windshields or will use your old one as a pattern. They have specific instruction on their web site. I can't remember their name so you will have to google it. I priced a shield similar to yours (no frame but has snaps channel) and it was around $450 in a heavier thickness. You can select different materials and thicknesses.

WimJall

Petty Officer 2nd Class
That's probably a Water Bonnet brand. If so it will be etched on the shied. A place in Miami has reproductions of many old windshields or will use your old one as a pattern. They have specific instruction on their web site. I can't remember their name so you will have to google it. I priced a shield similar to yours (no frame but has snaps channel) and it was around $450 in a heavier thickness. You can select different materials and thicknesses.

Thanks Bill, I will look into that.