89 BL Capri resto help

Scherfz1

Petty Officer 1st Class
It's a puzzle thing. Do this then do that then do this then do that. All about the glue. :rolleyes:
You are moving pretty well.

ya no joke, i was never really good at 3D puzzles, but this one i will have to get right lol, and i am trying to keep moving man..... my goal was to be splashed by the 4th and "broke in" with the GF under the fireworks on the lake........ looking for a good set of lawn chairs at this point yall LMFAO!!!!!!!

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
These are 1 D puzzles. 3D always gave me a headache. Forget the 4th and just do a great safe yob says I!

Redtruck12

Petty Officer 1st Class
The 4 of ?? July?
Wow 1 week evenings and weekend.
I wish you luck.
remember “haste makes waste”
better to take your time and do it right.
Im a year and a bit ahead of you and still questioning ready for holiday at the end of July.

Scherfz1

Petty Officer 1st Class
The 4 of ?? July?
Wow 1 week evenings and weekend.
I wish you luck.
remember “haste makes waste”
better to take your time and do it right.
Im a year and a bit ahead of you and still questioning ready for holiday at the end of July.

LOL ya i know, big hopes and dreams, but its going smooth currently so i got that goin for me, also i have the time to work with it, more so than others it seems. but i have been moving slower too due to not having the help i though i would from the GF. she was all about that demo work but not much else it seems.

Scherfz1

Petty Officer 1st Class
so stenciled the bulkheads and different things i need before the actual floor.

drilled into the transom where i have gotten stuck and it seems to be some sort of cast on the transom, so i feel as though that is a win.

Scherfz1

Petty Officer 1st Class
alright big day today,

need to stop at lows for some wood, then off to the house to double check my stencils, make the platforms and glass them, then bed them while also coating cross members in prep for glass.

make final adjustments to the bulkhead stencils, cut them out, glass them, then glass in the platforms, then bed the bulkheads and cross members.

after they set up, glass the remaining in (bulkheads and crossmembers.

the poly should be kicking fast today so it will be a good day..

now question,
for these platforms (battery and fuel cell), should i be using 1708 on them or just CSM? they originally just had CSM.

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
alright big day today,

need to stop at lows for some wood, then off to the house to double check my stencils, make the platforms and glass them, then bed them while also coating cross members in prep for glass.

make final adjustments to the bulkhead stencils, cut them out, glass them, then glass in the platforms, then bed the bulkheads and cross members.

after they set up, glass the remaining in (bulkheads and crossmembers.

the poly should be kicking fast today so it will be a good day..

now question,
for these platforms (battery and fuel cell), should i be using 1708 on them or just CSM? they originally just had CSM.

Sounds like a 72 hour day!:popcorn:Sounds great!

Redtruck12

Petty Officer 1st Class
Ya boy 😉 you have a long day ahead of you.
anything that requires some strength I would say use 1708.
a lot of original stuff is just csm or spray long chopped strand.
My entire transom was spray chop.

Baylinerchuck

Commander
1708 for strength or building thickness, CSM for waterproofing and a base layer for paint or gelcoat.

Scherfz1

Petty Officer 1st Class
Ok due to heat I had to take some breaks but I am off work before 5 today so this is what I need to finish.

glassing the bulkheads, I got one side done on both of them, then bed them in, glass the fuel and battery tray. Battery tray will be glasses after the bulk heads are bedded.

Glass in the cross members for the stingers will also need to be finished.

thats the hopes for this evening, I think I can get it done, it’s cooler today than it was yesterday.... bout died yesterday and couldn’t keep enough water in me baking in the sun...

photos to come though i promise!!!!

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
I am, no reason to rush. But I am finding out that fitment takes its time, cannot rush it

Yes fitment is a task when considering the shape of a hull etc.Contours just vary every which way. Nothing is straight or level. A good eye is the best tool. Good!

Scherfz1

Petty Officer 1st Class
Well I have gotten rained out for the rest of the day unfortunately, so all I have been able to accomplish is getting the other sides of the bulk heads glassed.... maybe tomorrow the tides will turn into my favor

chevymaher

Commander
As Red Green says, I am pullin for you. We all in this together.
It is supposed to rain here tomorrow. Just give me a window of opportunity. Fingers crossed. To back it in the driveway and see if it will run. Once it warmed up and starts hot religiously. River is next test. The boom test as I been calling it.

dezmond

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Yep I thought I would cut everything as close to square, level, etc. Ya nope. Never fit right. Up and down the ladder to trim this or sand that to get it to fit CLOSE. That’s what PB is for ;). Fill the little gaps that never match perfect. Doing some great progress. Show some more pics.

Baylinerchuck

Commander
It’s pretty interesting that one side of the boat can differ slightly from the other side, lol. Proper fitting takes a scribe and time. Leg muscles will get a work out for sure!!