1991 Sea Nymph gls 195 sitting for 8 years

Hey guys, apparently I haven't been on this site since 2011 where I received some help on an old outboard. Now I've got a new project and I know I will be needing some help and I know this is the best place to be.
My wife’s grandfather passed away a few months ago and for father’s day she bought me his old boat in order to keep it in the family. Its a 1991 sea nymph gls 195 sportfisher with a Johnson 70 outboard and Johnson 9.9.
He bought it new and used it in freshwater often until he got sick in 2011 and winterized it. It has been sitting since but I was told he did everything the manual calls for during storage.
As far as restoring the wood, carpeting and what not it doesnt need much, I’m mostly concerned with getting the engine, steering and electronics up to par.
This weekend I went to check it out before I pick it up this Saturday and I took some notes and pictures.
My first order of business is going to be testing the electronics, so far we hooked up a battery and moved the motor from vertical to trailering position and it went up no problem but I didn't get to check any other controls.
Here’s my list of what I need to do, and please let me know anything I’m missing!

Remove old gas and flush gas tank, add a few gallons of fresh premium gas at a 50:1 ratio (in case oil injection system isn't working)
Change Sparkplugs
Clean carb/rebuild
Change gearcase oil, and seals
Rebuild water pump
Grease all steering components
Lubricate all areas stated in manual
Check fuses and test electronics

If I’m missing anything important please let me know.
I will be updating when I pick the boat up and get to do some more testing and I’m hoping you guys can help me out with any hiccups I run into!
I will add pictures later when I get to my computer.

Last edited:

Picky fisher

Cadet
Nice boat always liked that setup for fishing minus rear seats, only thing that i would make sure is good is your trailer. Rollers straps front tiedown ratchet lights, tires bearings ect always sucks when you see someone missing tire but its overlooked all the time.