Polymer planet scammed me?

Datimm

Seaman Apprentice
The title is a bit of click bait but I am pretty upset. I ordered a gallon of resin and 1708 glass and got it in the mail earlier this week. I never opened the box just took it to the garage and today I went out to start the new transom build and the gallon I was sent was used and missing more then a 3rd. Also the resin additive was used as well. 20190517_201828-1701x3024.jpg

Datimm

Seaman Apprentice
Just wanted to put it out there and see if anyone has had this happen. I emailed them and I am looking forward to hearing what they have to say.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
I would hesitate to say they scammed you until you hear from them. Could be a simple mistake. Did either have the seal under the lid?

It seems they only show empty or white jugs with no resin visible But look at the foam kit, the levels seem to be about the same as your resin jug. Maybe and I don't know, the containers are oversized for expansion?

resjugs.png

Datimm

Seaman Apprentice
You are right. They replied quickly and said the bottle is filled to 8lbs. I was mistaken and will leave a positive review once I use it. Thanks for clearing that up for me.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
They are not using common sense. The kit is sold as a 1 gallon kit and the side of the jug says Net Weight 8 lb.

Advertising by gallons and selling by weight. You should bring that up to them.

See how I'm easily swayed. First I defended PP, now I say they are guilty of misleading customers.

Here's why;

How much does a gallon of polyester resin weigh?

One gallon of polyester resin weighs approximately 9.2 lbs. One gallon of gelcoat weighs approximately 10.5 lbs. The weight of MEKP 925 is 1.125 grams per cc. 30 drops is approximately equal to one cc.

Datimm

Seaman Apprentice
Interesting, I will ask them about this. Now I am curious.