1969 traveler comet

Math1228

Recruit
Hi there! I'm new here, and i'd like some info about this boat i've recently purchase.
i have to work it out before heading out in the water.
first things first, my floor seems weak. I do not know much about boats honestly, i just want to take my sons out fishing and enjoying the waters hehe
So some spot feels a little bit weak. Does it matter? Should i throw in some seats and go in the water? What are the main concern about it? I currently have no garage to work on sadly but can probably work something out!

p.s i cannot upload any pics...

thanks for your time :D

chevymaher

Commander
If the floor is weak life jackets are more a concern than seats. You will use them more. No really find out the floor is bad replace it then seats.

Bondo

Staff member
Ayuh,.... Boats rot from the bottom, Up,....

If the deck is rotten, I'm guessin' the stringers are rotten too,....

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
Take pics with your phone, email to yourself, make folder. The email automatically reduces pic size. It should work.

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
Hi there! I'm new here, and i'd like some info about this boat i've recently purchase.
i have to work it out before heading out in the water.
first things first, my floor seems weak. I do not know much about boats honestly, i just want to take my sons out fishing and enjoying the waters hehe
So some spot feels a little bit weak. Does it matter? Should i throw in some seats and go in the water? What are the main concern about it? I currently have no garage to work on sadly but can probably work something out!

p.s i cannot upload any pics...

thanks for your time :D

first, welcome aboard

you cant upload pics for two reasons. first, get a few more posts under your belt. not until post #4 or 5 can you actually upload pics. second, as indicated above, the pics need to be reduced in size.

also, as indicated, boats rot from the bottom up. the floor is the last thing to rot. welcome to boat restoration.

before you take anyone out, you need to assess the structural integrity of the boat.