1950?

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
Supposed to be a HIN plate attached to the boat. Also a title would have that info. No title ends up jumping thru hoops to get the boat registered.
Nice tinney!

jbcurt00

Staff member
Not enough info in 1 small pix to ID it

Not likely to have an original factory HIN, those started in the 70s well after this boat was made.

Probably a 50s or early 60s, based on style and closed bow.

as KC noted, paperwork? Difficulty depends on where you're located.

Bondo

Staff member

Ayuh,..... Welcome Aboard,....... Yes, it does appear to be a boat,....

Freddie9027

Cadet
I have the title it’s just says 1950 v-bottom it has a serial number on the title but I can’t find anything on it online. So I can go off that to start an original restoration

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
:welcome: aboard, Freddie.

Anyone know what model this boat is?

Please don't ask questions in photo captions, the questions get lost.

How many numbers and letters are in the HIN on the title? Have you transferred the title into your name yet?

When you visit TPWD, that's a good time to ask questions. Not that they have any answers. You may be able to get a history of ownership if she lived in Texas since 1950.

Freddie9027

Cadet
There’s six numbers. I just bought it yesterday and the guy I got it from had registered it on his name in January of this year but he also didn’t know much about it. He was just gonna gut it.

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
I agree w/Sam. Steering wheel is in the rear. Those side rails set it off too! Cool boat good luck!

lone_star_grande.jpg

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
There’s six numbers. I just bought it yesterday and the guy I got it from had registered it on his name in January of this year but he also didn’t know much about it. He was just gonna gut it.

You may have saved this oldie from the butcher, Freddie.

As I said earlier, ask at TPWD about owner history when you put her in your name. Some prior owners wonder what happened to past boats, cars, etc..

I don't know what brand she is, but some stamp the serial number on a knee brace. You can prowl through the Fiberglassics Library to see if you can ID her. Lone Star would be a good starting place - You're in Texas. :joyous:

Freddie9027

Cadet
Thank y’all for your response. I will look into the lonestar models and see if I can find a owner manual online. I want to try and go with original colors and maybe a few upgrades :):)

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
It’s possible ... I would take most of it off with a stripper . Then maybe wet sand the rest just in case .