1979 GREW SS 180 Restoration Project

Status
Not open for further replies.

gslarsen

Recruit
Hi All, I am a new forum member and working on a new resto project. It a 1979 GREW made in Canada.
It's 19.5 feet with a beam of 7 feet. Will place an outboard from 115 to 140. Needs new transom and floor and maybe stringers. But will only know once the floor and Ice gets removed.
My question is I an trying to design a new rear bench seat and I can not see any good plans on here.
Will need access to the transom so any help would be great.
Pics to come.

Thanks

Mad Props

Lieutenant Commander
Welcome to the best place on the internet for restoration info! Not familiar with outboard transoms so others will chime in, but I've found looking at newer boats has given me most of my ideas on reconstruction.

dezmond

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Since it will be a complete gut, make your own design :) Tons of info and pics here and google... I bought an old grew as well but the transom, floor, dash, etc was done so I pulled the Merc 120 and outdrive and had to scrap the boat.. They are nice boats though. Deep hulls and a ton of room inside! Good luck and I will be tagging along :)

dlytt086

Recruit
Hi there,

Just wondering how you made it out with your restoration. I've got a late 70's (maybe early 80's) Grew 150 that needs a full overhaul (stringers, transom etc.) and I'm trying to decide if its worth doing or not!

Status
Not open for further replies.