How can i mount this seat?

KCKracker

Petty Officer 1st Class
this is my 12' pond boat. the front has this large enclosure of hollow fiberglass and i want to mount a seat on a swivel up there. how can i mount it to that i dont just have screws that pull out? its hollow and i have no internal access.

Attachments

• photo309267.jpg
    photo309267.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 0

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Build a pad out of 2 pieces 3/4 plywood coat it good with a coat of poly resin . Make sure you use hardener ..
Then glass it to the deck . Mount your seat with lag bolts sealed up good with 5200 or you can go the T-nut route pre-installed in the pad before glassing .

KCKracker

Petty Officer 1st Class
i assumed thats how, and i will need to do the same with the rear seat, but I'm curious if at the same time i can cut a hole where the red circle is and put my battery in there so its out of the way, and then when i put the plywood on top i can install a hatch door for access. . any obvious issues with that idea?

Attachments

• photo309280.png
    photo309280.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 0

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
No issues doing that but from the looks it’s probably full of wet foam .. You’ll have to dig not it

Grub54891

Vice Admiral
i assumed thats how, and i will need to do the same with the rear seat, but I'm curious if at the same time i can cut a hole where the red circle is and put my battery in there so its out of the way, and then when i put the plywood on top i can install a hatch door for access. . any obvious issues with that idea?

I was going to suggest that, it may be full of foam is possible. I thought that maby it could be cut on the vertical area and install a round deck plug, or a hatch for access, and putting re-enforcement from beneath the area.