Aussie Caribbean Galaxy V156 Runabout

andrew j cox

Petty Officer 2nd Class
This is my Aussie early 60s Caribbean Galaxy 15.5 foot ski / fish combination run about, thats a mouthfull lol, so im after various views on how to solve the lack off a windscreen, I dont have the original, I cant even find a suitable alloy extrusion to make a frame.
There are several ways around this
I could make up a timber lower section utilising marine ply straps about 3/4 inch high and width, this will give me the correct lower curve, Id need to router a recess so the perspex can be screwed down and a thin outer strip to cover the lower edge and screws, I could then fabricate the outer ends and a top timber, if I keep the wood thickness right it wouldnt look out of pkace and would at least be secure and add firmness to the perspex, hitting a sea gull at 60 mph will do in most screens.
The other option is the chromed bronze centre piece and outers, very classical but mightnt suit my boat.
Another is a friend mentioned something like the original Bat Mobile which for all intensive purposes looks like a P51 Mustang canopy minus the centre section, interesting but be a bugger to mould up.
Any other ideas?
In case anyones wondering I have a nice old 68Evinrude Starflite I was going to fit but then I come across a 1969 Merc Redband 125hp, so to fullfill my dream of having another 62 Merc 800 Im going to reverse retro my new Merc so it will be blasted clean painted in a local colour which is a 1963 Ford Merino White as close to Oyster White as can be had, I have a 65 Top cover of a old 1100 Silver Band so it has the aluminium pressing up the guts and stainless band round the base, a 62 Centre wraparound cowl and Stainless banding of a lower tray will be donated to be fitted to the Red Band cowl, a new decal set will finish it, this motor should look a million bux on the old hull, should poke the old girl along at near the speed of sound lol.

Attachments

• photo308953.jpg
    photo308953.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0