1996 Tige bow rider interior

RT62

Recruit
I have decided to reupholster our 1996 bow rider tige. most of the interior is coming off pretty easy, but when comes to the bow there must be some tricks that that I don't know. There are 4 screws two on each side in the bow that you have to have a 6 foot arm to get to. Does anyone have any information for me that could help shed some light on this project? Thank you

chevymaher

Commander
Unfortunately they put that in before the cap went on. It was easy to get to then.

RT62

Recruit
That's what I was afraid off! there is not a lot of information out there on this. Thank you

chevymaher

Commander
I did mine. Only thing you can do is tear it out and re make it. Then attach it from this side. Mine is screwed in the seams between pads. Once the screws are cut and the wood removed. I ground a slot in the end and screw it in till it fell through.

RT62

Recruit
Thank you. I was hoping that there was a way to keep it original. looks like that isn't an option. did you send your skins out to be made for you or did you do it yourself? just curious, I'm just starting this project and will hope to have it done by June.

Timr71

Petty Officer 1st Class
Post some pictures if you have any. Before you tear it all apart, there may be a way to get a wrench on that. I know that with mine you had to do everything in a certain order. Are there any speakers that you could remove in order to gain access?