Ranger Boat Parts for Old Retrofit

EarlyCuyler

Cadet
Looking to retrofit my old 83 ranger with some new looks, gauges,hand throttle, livewell controllers, windshield, and other stuff. Question is, where do I find most of this, and will I run into any complications?
Is there a place online that sells salvaged boat parts from rangers? Not looking to buy new parts, just looking for used ranger parts from wrecked/salvaged boats.
Also looking for older/used fish finders
Craigslist is garbage....

Last edited by a moderator:

jbcurt00

Staff member
Please remember Iboats forums dont have a trade, swap.or used for sale section.

Not likely to find a Ranger specific salvage yard and many parts in a salvage yard are going to be just that, salvage..... not relatively nice used parts for sale, or the yard would have pulled them and listed them for sale somewhere....

Decide what/how you want to re-mod the boat, spend some time digging thru the internet and look for deals on 1 or 2 season old new parts that you then DIY panels and fiberglass consoles to fit the new parts.

Some standard sized guages may fit existing holes in your Ranger's console.

Better yet find a whole parts boat for sale cheap w a blown engine and scavenge parts you want, sell parts you cant use, scrap the hull and sell the trailer.....

Windshield could be the 1 thing you might find at a salvage yard, or the parts boat's windshield might fot or be made to fit....

good luck

I've found lots of well priced good used/new parts on Craigs and Evil-bay, and junk boats to scavenge on both as well.

Might have to widen your craigs search to 200mi+ from your location. I've driven 4-6hrs for craigs/evil-bay parts/junk boat purchases and up to 21hrs 1way for a boat I wanted.