1989 thompson fisherman 240 hard top

mcool

Recruit
any ever raise floor to cover I/o to get more floor space and under floor storage
engine clearance is my main concern don't want to add overheating issues our possible fire issues

in process of doing stringers was thinking about all the xtra deck space

mcool

Recruit
trying to find info on what is required for engine clearance for safety issues ,would like to raise floor to cover dog box so I have more deck space

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Welcome aboard.

Pictures would be nice. We all don't have Thompson Fisherman 240 hardtop sitting our backyard. :smile:

Off hand, it doesn't sound like a good idea to raise the deck to the top of the doghouse. For one thing, you head will be whacking the hardtop constantly and for another, you won't have any free-board, so after you're knocked unconscious from clunking your noggin on the hardtop, over the side you go. :eek:

Why do you need so much storage?

mickyryan

Rear Admiral
agree with Ga, loss of free-board is main issue you could always make a step down into cabin however the free-board thing is scary. whats boat going to be used for is another thing too . as far as a false floor that's not a big deal use your existing doghouse as a height if ultimately that's what you decide to do or measure to top of engine give it 3 inches for movement and go