Welcome Guest - Sign Up today
Welcome Guest - Sign Up today

Announcement

Collapse

Private Messages

We are aware of a current issue where your messages screen does not properly load and we are working on a fix.

In the interim, you can access you messages by navigating to this link: https://forums.iboats.com/privatemessage/notification

Apologies for the inconvenience.
See more
See less

1976 Cherokee boat rebuild

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1976 Cherokee boat rebuild

I found an old cherokee in a barn and made a real buy on it with the intent of rebuilding it to take my dad fishing. Here she is the day she came home.

I found a soft spot on the transom so I gutted the whole boat and replaced the transom.

Comment

I bought a 25' long bank sign made of 1/8' aluminum with a 3' turned edge for about $20 so I decided other than the transom it would be wood free. Took my time to get the curves and had to put it in with 3 pieces.

Comment

I built a rear bench/storage box out of the remaining aluminum, build a top and carpet and attach the floor in one large piece.. I decided to make the boat wide open for more floor space. I didn't have an outboard and decided a tiller would be handy on a small boat.

Comment

Had to weld up a spot where the old rollers had worn through the keel. The roller up front was as hard as concrete and almost as rough. Then lots of prep work and paint.

Comment

Pulled the center rollers out of the trailer so it loads better now

Comment

Added pedestals and wiring. I was able to use the original running lights and wired a thru hull bilge pump.

Comment

I built rod storage out of pvc wrapped it in carpet to match. It's long enough to fit my 8' jig pole. added a cheap fish finder and some millenium

Comment

Nice work
                  Cheesehead boating the Gulf Coast of FLA 27.51° N, 82.53° W

1988 Cruisers Rogue 2420 -VP 290 DP now powered by custom 468 - https://forums.iboats.com/forum/owner...988-rogue-2420

Past Boats
                  1970 Wooster Hellion - Merc 9.8
                  2002 SeaRay 190BR - 5.0 - A1G2 - "Cheeseheads in Paradise"
                  1984 Avanti 170DLI -3.0 stringer- "Ship Happens"

What’s behind you doesn’t matter.Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Excellent work! Makes me kinda want a tinny
                    1985 Bayliner 2450 Ciera Sunbridge
                    Volvo Penta AQ225d, 280 outdrive
                    Restore/Refurbish ongoing......

link to my thread: https://forums.iboats.com/showthread...468790&page=12

Comment

Working...
                    X