Floatation Foam plugs

Big.Band

Cadet
Well heck, I've been searching for about two hours and can't find 'em.

I'm needing some of the black plastic plugs that manufacturers use after filling under the boats floor with expanding foam.
These end up pretty much flush, but my old boat has a few of them missing. The holes in the aluminum are about 1 3/8 diameter, and the aluminum thickness is .125.

Anyone have a source? TH Marine used to offer them (in white) but they are no longer available from them.

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
Look up cap plugs

Most boat manufacturers dont use them

poconojoe

Lieutenant Commander
You should be able to use electrical knockout seals (KO seals).
Your 1-3/8" holes would take a 1" (trade size) knockout seal. If you don't know what I mean, it's the hole that a 1" conduit will go into or a 1" connector. When a hole is there that for some reason will not be used, we use these KO seals.
They are made in metal, plastic or rubber. The metal ones can be one piece that just push in or a three piece type that kind of work like a toggle bolt.
Hope this helps...

Mad Props

Lieutenant Commander
or just polish off a couple bottles of bourbon and save the corks :D

Big.Band

Cadet
Prefer something with a domed top, like the OEM.
I'll be sitting on a couple of them with my tender tushy :rolleyes:

Big.Band

Cadet
You should be able to use electrical knockout seals (KO seals).
Your 1-3/8" holes would take a 1" (trade size) knockout seal. If you don't know what I mean, it's the hole that a 1" conduit will go into or a 1" connector. When a hole is there that for some reason will not be used, we use these KO seals.
They are made in metal, plastic or rubber. The metal ones can be one piece that just push in or a three piece type that kind of work like a toggle bolt.
Hope this helps...

That is a perfect solution! I found some on-line that are a grey color that looks good against the aluminum, and they have a gentle dome shape, tapering at the edges to almost nothing.
My tushy is happy!