1995 Lund fisherman need help

Woody87d

Recruit
my uncles Lund is just sitting there he has past away now and his buddy owns it and I want to get it and redo it with my cousin but not sure what to offer his buddy as it needs a lot of work has a roller trailer needs engine work on both Yamaha 115 and 9.9 Yamaha kicker needs new fuel tank and wiring and floors it sits outside no cover what should I offer him for it and what’s it worth if it was turnkey as of right now I would gut the thing because of the shape of everything and do it all right completely restore it motor was always hard starting and marinas worked on it but never could figure out why it wouldn’t start after a few cranks

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner
I'd just ask him what he want's for it. If he says make me an offer...I'd start @ $250. As it sits it's just Scrap metal. You're looking @ $2,000 minimum to get it back on the water.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
I'm with WOG. Ask if he wants to get rid of it (notice I didn't say sell) and if he says yes, ask how much. Let him make the first offer to counter and use the poor condition to justify a low offer from you. $250 sounds about right for the top offer being as bad as you say.

BTW - Make sure he has paperwork or it can be a nightmare.

And :welcome: aboard, Woody.