1964 OMC Deluxe windshield info

Oneoldboat

Recruit
I was wondering if someone has the part number for the windshield, where they glass or plexi

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
welcome aboard

you may want to have a mod move this out of the I/O section and into the correct forum, possibly the hull restoration forum

highly doubtful you will find a new one. OMC has been out of business for over 2 decades, and out of the boat building side of things for about 3 decades.

couldnt tell you if the windshield is acrylic or glass, however looking at the compound curve, 99% probability it was acrylic. if yours is missing, your two options are to find another from the same boat, or make one. see link 17

https://forums.iboats.com/forum/boat...at-information

slowhand35

Cadet
I haven't pulled the windshield on my deluxe yet, but I need too.
i did pressure wash it with the rest of the boat, it's thick, it looks and feels like a car windshield

Oneoldboat

Recruit
Thanks for the info, if it is glass it should have a part number on a corner if it is still visible, I would think it might have been the same as a car windshield from the same era, but maybe they cast their own, acrylic one that I have now puts to much pressure on the tilt ball joints and doesn’t funtion properly

Bondo

Staff member
I would think it might have been the same as a car windshield from the same era,

Ayuh,..... Welcome Aboard,..... I assure you,.. it's not from a car,....