excited to get started

senseironl

Recruit
Well, here goes..I was at the dump about 2 years ago and they were about to crush an aluminum lapstrake closed hull boat so I asked if I could have it and, lo and behold, I brought home the boat. It sat in my yard until a week ago I trucked it to Florida to begin work on restoring it. I looked at the numbers and last two were 58, so I believe I acquired a StarCraft 1958 13 foot closed hull boat in surprisingly good shape. Minimum corrosion and minor dents that I have banged out and put less than a pint of bondo on to fix. I have sanded it to bare aluminum and have put gluv-it (2 coats) on all rivets and seams on hull. (it was watertight to start...Tomorrow I will do final sand and apply first coat of high end aluminum primer to outside, About 16 total hours so far. I have every type of sander /drill/tool you can imagine, So that helps. My question is does anyone know where I can locate a pic of any small 1958 starcraft boats that I can see to get ideas and figure out boat style.Ive been to starcraft website archives but no luck I want boat to be restored to as much original as possible. I need windshield/seats/ hardware/motor.. So in for the long haul..any help would be greatly appreciated...excited for this project with plenty of time!!!

senseironl

Recruit
that last bit of advise was great..I got to the 1958 brochure and have taken some measurements to narrow down boat type. Really helpful

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Cool ! Let us know what you have and pics are required ... It’s the law .... ;)